Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 31st, 2015 03:00

T-Mobile GSlate (LG v909) Tablet, No Menu Button, How can you bring up the Pointer?

T-Mobile GSlate (LG v909) Tablet, No Menu Button, How can you bring up the Pointer?

My Issue:

No way to activate the pointer or keyboard as this device has no hardware menu.
I know the host is setup correctly as the pointer works on my MyTouch 4g.
Connection works over all both transports (2g, 3g, & 4g), Wi-Fi (B,G, &N).
Connection method is RDP (tried with and without NLA)

Setup Configuration:
Working on Handheld client:
PocketCloud for Android v1.2.103 
T-Mobile MyTouch 4g
Android OS 2.2.1

Not Working on Tablet Client:
PocketCloud for Android v1.2.103 
T-Moble/LG G Slate/LG-v909
Android OS 3.0.1

Host Server/PC:
Windows 7 64Bit (Ultimate) w/latest companion software installed.

I emailed support and they advised that the only support is provided via this forum.

925 Posts

August 4th, 2015 02:00

Hi Blackra,
Keyboard should display as soon you activate a text window. example try to type in the browser bar.
prerequisite: Companion installed on desktop.
you can invoke manually by clicking on the mouse pointer icon, maximize it to see the whole wheel.
Now you can activate other gui controls.

Wyse PocketCloud Team

6 Posts

August 4th, 2015 02:00

Thank you for your reply,

I do have it installed. It will bring up the standard key board in some instantances.
For example... works in ie8 address bar but not in search boxes in the page itself.
will not work in chrome. Will work in windows searchbar in start menu. 

I do not see the mouse icon you speak of, where should this be?
On my mobile androids like mytouch 4g or HD2 with froyo there is a menu button on the device.
The button allows you to access Pocketclouds menu access the pointer and so on.

So how does one with a true Honeycomb Tablet(true meaning Xoom, LG v909 or any others without menu buttons) supposed to access the pointer and menu? Most apps coded for Honeycomb place a soft menu icon in the OS's navigation panel(or system tray) this looks like a smal grid or hash.

6 Posts

August 6th, 2015 07:00

Any ideas?

500 Posts

August 7th, 2015 02:00

If you don't see the touch pointer while in session, please try these steps:

Exit PocketCloud App
Android Settings > Applications > Manage applications > Select PocketCloud and click Force Stop
Then launch PocketCloud again > connect to the session

See if you can see the Touch Pointer
Also you can try to rotate the device, it might force the touch pointer to show up

925 Posts

August 7th, 2015 02:00

HI BlackRa, Touch pointer should be visible all the time on tablets without menu button as far as I know. I am waiting for some more input. will update you.
Thank you!

Wyse PocketCloud Team

3 Posts

August 7th, 2015 03:00

Same issue here

I just purchased your app for a G-Slate and there is no way to get the Touch Pointer of the Keyboard to show up. I tried re-initiating the app (Force stop and then Clear data) and it made no difference. Please advice how to proceed. It this app does not work with the G-Slate, please issue a refund.

6 Posts

August 7th, 2015 03:00

I have used it for about 10 Month, it still does the job, minus the best feature.
The part that *** is they claim it supports the new honeycomb tabs and most current highend tabs dont have physical buttons as the os is designed without them in mind. Major oversight on their part. I emailed into support, they replied with a standard request for details on software and the sysems. Then upon answering them I am informed that this product is only supported here, as you can see above they are just shooting in the dark and dont offer real support, 

I work for Research In Motion in the support group for VIP and premier support contracts, so I know how things should be addres and tracked. I requested the persons supervisors email address so I could raise the bug with them and have it addressed, of course he did not follow up. 

They dont seem to really take this seriously so I will not be showing off this software, nor recommending it to others,

925 Posts

August 7th, 2015 04:00

Hi BlackRaTT, Can you please rotate your device from portrait mode to landscape(vertical to horizontal or reverse or just rotate it 90 degree). Does the pointer show up?

Wyse PocketCloud Team

6 Posts

August 7th, 2015 06:00

i filled a support ticket, Richard just sends a form letter response asking for details about your system and setup, then you have your hopes up that they support their software. You will receive a letter back saying we have to come here as they dont offer support on this version, even though you pay a bunch of money for it.

3 Posts

Thanks for your suggestion, but I do not see how filing a feature request will solve the issue. The app just does not work in the G-Slate, and I am not willing to wait for Wyse to straighten up its act -even more so when Wyse has yet to respond to the support ticket opened-.

1 Message

Has there been any update? I bought the app and there is no way for me to use it accurately. $15 flushed down the toilet!

3 Posts

Still no support from Wyse

I did everything suggested here, even uninstalling and reinstalling the app, and it just does not show the pointer nor the keyboard. I wrote the Android Market support group and I was referred -in first instance- to Wyse for support. I opened a support ticket with Wyse some 24 hours ago and I am still waiting for a solution.

While it is reasonable to find some bugs on a newly issued app, it is disconcerting to see a developer hide behind a support forum and stay silent on an obvious programming issue. I purchase this app for a purpose and I just can't use the way it is advertised. f I am not provided with a solution by today's end, I will formally take this issue with the Market through a formal complaint.

6 Posts

Rotating the screen does not help the issue. nor does it produce an icon or pointer.

There needs to be a softbutton for the menu for this to function.

Please file a troubleticket or feature enhancment request form to have this corrected. 
I will create screenshots or whatever else is needed.

1 Message

I have the T-Mobile G-Slate and I can also verify that PocketCloud doesn't work! No keyboard and mouse pointer.

925 Posts

HI , Please file a feature request for the soft keyboard button here. http://wysetechnologyinc.zendesk.com...ature-requests

Wyse PocketCloud Team

No Events found!