Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

J2

August 1st, 2015 04:00

Win7 and SBS 2011 won't accept credentials - Incorrect password

Win7 and SBS 2011 won't accept credentials - Incorrect password

Hi,
I'm currently testing Pocketcloud and have run into a credential problem. I've created manual RDP connections to a Win7 Pro x86 machine and a Win SBS 2011 Essentials x64 server, and I've tried connecting from an HTC EVO 4g and a Motorola XPRT. I am able to see the login screen on the Windows machines, but they spit out a "Your user name or password is incorrect" error. I have tried entering the password in the PocketCloud RDP setup using both the physical and virtual keyboards on the XPRT to no avail.

So clearly the RDP session is working , but for some reason the passwords are not being accepted. There are no special characters in the passwords, except for capital letters and numbers.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks,
Alex

August 1st, 2015 04:00

Quote Originally Posted by jrabbit View Post
Hi,
I'm currently testing Pocketcloud and have run into a credential problem. I've created manual RDP connections to a Win7 Pro x86 machine and a Win SBS 2011 Essentials x64 server, and I've tried connecting from an HTC EVO 4g and a Motorola XPRT. I am able to see the login screen on the Windows machines, but they spit out a "Your user name or password is incorrect" error. I have tried entering the password in the PocketCloud RDP setup using both the physical and virtual keyboards on the XPRT to no avail.

So clearly the RDP session is working , but for some reason the passwords are not being accepted. There are no special characters in the passwords, except for capital letters and numbers.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks,
Alex

For myself, on Windows 7, I've had to click the Other User login option, and enter the entire domain name login for it to work.

925 Posts

August 5th, 2015 22:00

Justint Thank you for your help!

Wyse PocketCloud Team

August 5th, 2015 22:00

Thank you for the tip justint. I entered the credentials in the format domain\username in the PocketCloud connection settings and that fixed the problem right away.

Thanks again!

1 Message

August 12th, 2015 02:00

Solving the user name problem

I had the user name problem, but then discovered that I could log into other usernames on my computer. The problems seems to be that Windows and Windows RDC sometimes store user names as both single word and two words with space. In other words, your user name may appear as First Last or as firstlast. Try adding the First Last with a space to your RDC credentials, and also try logging in to your computer from pocketcloud as First Last instead of FirstLast. That worked for me. This seems to be a glitch in Windows, not in pocketcloud. It seems to apply only to the main user who installed the program. Does that help?

1 Message

August 12th, 2015 02:00

credentials problem

Quote Originally Posted by jrabbit View Post
Thank you for the tip justint. I entered the credentials in the format domain\username in the PocketCloud connection settings and that fixed the problem right away.

Thanks again!

I am having the same problem..Windows 7 64 bit Professional...and HTC4G 3D or Zoom. Autoconfig works and gets me to the desktop screen where I get a message the the user name or password are incorrect. I get the same result with a manual RDP connection.

I am working on a home net so I don't have a domain name (Workgroup name instead). What format should I use in the domain field if you think that is the key? i.e. should i use the workgroup name and the computer name as the user name ex workgroup/computername?

No Events found!