Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 5th, 2015 03:00

Windows Companion not logging on after system reboot

Windows Companion not logging on after system reboot

I have just started using Pocket Cloud (Android) and Windows Companion on a number of SBS Servers. After a server reboot the remote servers do not show up on pocket cloud even if Windows Companion is running on the remote system.

On each of the systems I had to log out of Windows Companion and then log back in they then appeared in Pocket Cloud.

Not ideal for remote access 

Andy

3 Posts

Sarun

1. Autodiscovery has gnail username/password and says it is logged in
2. PocketCloudConfig.txt is present

Andy 

Quote Originally Posted by sarun View Post

Andy,

We are trying to recreate an environment with Windows SBS and will update you asap. In meanwhile can you provide me following details also.

1. When you launch the auto discovery GUI in companion, Do you see your gmail username and password in the text boxes? Or do you need to re-enter every time?
2. Can you verify whether PocketCloudConfig.txt is present in \Wyse\PocketCloud Windows Companion folder?

Regards
Sarun

145 Posts

Andy,

We are trying to recreate an environment with Windows SBS and will update you asap. In meanwhile can you provide me following details also.

1. When you launch the auto discovery GUI in companion, Do you see your gmail username and password in the text boxes? Or do you need to re-enter every time?
2. Can you verify whether PocketCloudConfig.txt is present in \Wyse\PocketCloud Windows Companion folder?

Regards
Sarun 

Wyse PocketCloud Team

145 Posts

Sorry for the inconvenience you have with pocket cloud companion. We would like to know more on your problem to simulate it in our environment.

1. What is the companion version?
1. What version of Windows SBS are you running?
2. After restart can you verify the "Wyse PocketCloud" service is running?
3. After a restart can you wait for approx 5-6 minutes to see the computer is auto logging in. This may be because companion could not reach google servers initially and will do a retry in regular intervals. 

Wyse PocketCloud Team

3 Posts

Sarun

Thanks for the speedy reply

1. Companion Version is 2.1.5
2. SBS 2003 R2 (Still have a large number of customers with this platform), I also noticed that I have to stop Companion before I can proceed with a remote shutdown
3. After restart Wyse Pocketcloud service is running status Automatic and running
4. Waited for 10 mins after reboot and PocketCloud shows system as offline
5. Restarted PocketClound on phone system still offline
6. Signed out of Autodiscovery and signed back in again and system is back in Pocketcloud immediately

Regards

Andy 

Quote Originally Posted by sarun View Post

Sorry for the inconvenience you have with pocket cloud companion. We would like to know more on your problem to simulate it in our environment.

1. What is the companion version?
1. What version of Windows SBS are you running?
2. After restart can you verify the "Wyse PocketCloud" service is running?
3. After a restart can you wait for approx 5-6 minutes to see the computer is auto logging in. This may be because companion could not reach google servers initially and will do a retry in regular intervals.

No Events found!