Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 4th, 2015 22:00

Works once....

Works once....

Droid x 2. 2, vista home premium, ultra vnc.

Using google login I get it to work only once, after that I get the "remote machine unavailable " message.
Anyone had the same problem and solved it?
Thanks.

200 Posts

August 4th, 2015 22:00

The Auto Discovery Beta does have several known issues, we'll be releasing an update in the near future. The temporary work around when this happens is to sign out and sign in again to Auto Discovery. 

Wyse PocketCloud Team

August 4th, 2015 23:00

Thanks. It seems that the companion software on my Pc logs off by itself from the gmail.com account. Once I log back in its good for a while until it logs our again. 

With manual vnc I even changed to tight vnc, same result. Works fit a while then the server not available message.

145 Posts

August 10th, 2015 02:00

Manual connection will not work, if your computer is behind any firewall. If you want manual connection to work behind firewall, then you need to do port forwarding. This is mentioned in Wyse User Guide. 
Auto Discovery mechanism will allow you to connect to computers behind your firewall without port forwarding.

Regarding Logout issue; We could not simulate in our environment, so need some more information.

1. What is your companion version number? I should have asked you earlier, my mistake 
2. When the companion logs you out, Does the "Login" button in Auto Discovery GUI is enabled?
3. Did you see any pocket cloud related events in Windows Event Log? You can check the event Log by going to Control Panel->Administrative Tools->EventViewer 

Wyse PocketCloud Team

145 Posts

Companion logs you out when the internet connection is lost.There is an auto login mechanism. Can you wait for at max 5-6 minutes to see if the companion log you back automatically? If not then there is a problem. 

Wyse PocketCloud Team

Thanks again for the reply. Found out an additional item: 
manual log in works when I am on my local (wireless) network but not on 3G. (Auto login doesn't matter if I'm on the local or not.)

With regards to your question - I notice when I am not in my office, so I'm sure that 5-6 minutes have gone by when I try to log on. Right now I opened the companion on my PC and sure enough, I was logged out from my google account. For sure more that 5 minutes have passed since I have been working on my computer.
Thanks again -

No Events found!