Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 2nd, 2015 01:00

missing touch pointer. can't bring up keyboard

missing touch pointer. can't bring up keyboard

Using an HTC eco view tablet recently upgraded to honeycomb IS.

Upgraded pocketcloud to Pro but touch pointer missing on rdp connection. Can't login because can't seem to bring up keyboard dont have any problem with free version on the same device. Just frustrated because I need to connect to multiple devices and can't because of this keyboard issue. appreciate your immediate reply.

1.3K Posts

August 2nd, 2015 01:00

Is the touch pointer present on VNC or VMWare View connections and just not RDP or is it missing in all connections? Does the device have a menu button? If it does, you should be able to activate the keyboard and touch pointer from there. 

It is possible that the device is not fully supported at this time, but could be with the next release of the Pro application that will hopefully be released sometime this week or the next. 

Josh Maurer
Visit our Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com

August 6th, 2015 01:00

I am having the same issue on Dell Streak 7 running Android 3.2 and using an RDP connection. The Touch Point appears with no problem rnning the free version, but now that I upgraded to Pro, I cannot access the Touch Point (or Touch Pointer menu) at all.

2 Posts

August 13th, 2015 03:00

Add myself to the same boat.
Same device. Recent Honeycomb update disabled hardware menu / back / home buttons and now are on-screen. Unless the app provides the menu option, there is no "default" always there menu button.

This has now rendered the pocketcloud app useless as one can't even type to log into a remote machine.

For what it's worth, I've emailed the support address provided from the Android Market, and have yet to receive a response. Going on 1.5 - 2 weeks now... Lack of support has ended me up here now..........

1.3K Posts

richa252, we are hoping to have the update out soon that should fix this issue for your device. Thank you for your patience! 

Josh Maurer

1 Message

Yes, I've used pocketcloud (free) for a few months. Liked it so much I bought pro... And now no keyboard or pointer with HTC tablet running honeycomb. Just wanted to weigh in on urgency for update. Also there is no menu button to tap.... Usually shows up top right with honeycomb.

1.3K Posts

August 13th, 2015 04:00

I appreciate your patients and we are working on getting the update out as soon as possible. I apologize for any inconveniences this may be causing you guys. 

Josh Maurer

2 Posts

August 13th, 2015 09:00

New Version released

Go check the Market, they've released a new version (1.2.280) that provides a 3-finger tap gesture to bring up the keyboard.

The touch pointer is now mandatory, and you can't hide it.

Ive seen the pointer once, og i managed to get it so far down i couldnt reach it. Cant bring up the keyboard either. Using HTC FLYER with Android 3 to Windows 2003 Server via RDP. Love the prospect of your app and hope it works out.

Beautiful!
Thanks for the rapid reply
The price of beeing the Resident Geek is Time Spent = Long Face.. Ive tried 3 taps a million times! 3 fingers produced a better result!
Keyboard popped right up and worked like a charm.
I also loved the five special keys that came up on top of the screen! Nice job on that.

The missing pointer is still gone though.

Tip: Android 3 disables the device menu/home/back buttons and places them on the screen (didnt like that update btw, Im also afraid it applies to all devices)

Gonna go see if I can find some sleep now.

1.3K Posts

To launch/hide the keyboard tap 3 fingers on the screen. Tapping 2 fingers on the screen should launch/hide the touch pointer. If your device has a menu button, you should be able to access both functions from that as well. If that does not help, try force closing the application and launching it again.

Josh Maurer
Visit our Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com

1.3K Posts

August 13th, 2015 10:00

Glad to hear that helped. Did force closing the application and re-launching it get the touch pointer back for you? 2 finger tap did not bring it up? You may also want to try rebooting the device.

Also, what firmware version is your HTC Flyer running?

Josh Maurer

Visit our Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com

oops . . . quick reply sent the post to the wrong forum. . . . .

I give up. Keeps posting here no matter where I try to post. Have a good day . . . .

No Events found!