Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

E

August 5th, 2015 22:00

new,user login problems.

new,user login problems.

When i try to login from my android device i get a message that says local policy of the system does not permit you to login interactively. Can anyone offer any suggestions how to fix this?

7 Posts

August 5th, 2015 22:00

I think my VPN ports are not enabled properly. Can any one tell me how to enable them

I am able to set up my windows 7 machine but my windows xp machine will not connect. I get the message listed previously in this thread. When I run diagnostics the vpn port is not listening? Can anyone please help me out?

I did download pocket cloud pro also.

1.3K Posts

August 12th, 2015 03:00

Do you have a anti-virus program installed on that specific machine you cannot connect to? If so, try disabling it and/or adding PocketCloud to the approved applications list. You should also check and see if your firewall is blocking the application as well. Please let me know if this helps.

Josh Maurer
Visit our Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com

7 Posts

josh when i disable antivirus and windows firewall. It will still not wotk. When I run the diagnostic in pocket cloud software the rdp port is listening but the vnc port is not.

7 Posts

connection problems

OTE=Josh;13264]Please make sure you are using a manual connection. Unfortunately auto-discovery does not work over VPN. Also make sure the IP address you are using is your internal IP address and not the external one. If you are still having trouble connecting, it is possible you will need to speak with your network admin to make sure the ports needed or the application are not being blocked.[/QUOTE]

Josh thanks for the help. I will try manual connection. My windows 7 machine will work fine but the xp machine wont work with automatic connection they are both on the same network. I will try the manual connection.

1.3K Posts

Can you check to make sure the same firewall options are set on your XP machine as the Windows 7 machine you could connect to?

Josh Maurer

1.3K Posts

Are you using a RDP or VNC connection to your XP machine? What version of XP is it? If it is the Home version, you can only connect via VNC.

Josh Maurer

7 Posts

Josh I am using windows xp professional addition. When I run the diagnostic the rdp port is running the vnc port is not.

1.3K Posts

Please make sure you are using a manual connection. Unfortunately auto-discovery does not work over VPN. Also make sure the IP address you are using is your internal IP address and not the external one. If you are still having trouble connecting, it is possible you will need to speak with your network admin to make sure the ports needed or the application are not being blocked.

Josh Maurer

No Events found!