Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 3rd, 2015 09:00

"Login Failed" message on desktop when using autodiscover mode

"Login Failed" message on desktop when using autodiscover mode

Seen this issue bouncing around a while now. I contributed to another thread on this but was in iPhone threads.....So.....

2 machines connected to same router. One can log in using gmail creds and I can access it from my HTC Desire no problem. Other machine give "Login failed" message. Not a router/proxy issue as both machines hang off same router....is there a setting somewhere on the machine that I am missing. used the Pocketcloud diagnostic and it says ports etc all check out.

Thanks for any advice.

8 Posts

Using RDP....where is that setting....Can't find it in any options/menus etc

Thanks

8 Posts

OK...tried manual instead of autodiscover......worked first time...didn't need to mess with any nla stuff...Thanks for help anyway.

8 Posts

Sorry...thought you were talking about a setting in PocketCloud. Yes, Remote Desktop is enabled in Windows but there is no setting as you have described ("allow desktop running any version of rdp").

Only tick box for "Allow users to connect remotely to this computer". I am running Win XP Media Centre Edition on SP3.

All settings ( that I am aware of) are set the same on both machines...both XP but the machine that works OK is XP Pro SP3.

I will try and configure RDP manually instead but this should work in autodiscover......

925 Posts

yes Tinca, The less secured option for remote desktop settings. Can you turn off nla on settings page?
Can you manually do a rdp ? Make sure you are on the same network as the remote computer. Turn off nla when you create connection.

Wyse PocketCloud Team

925 Posts

Glad the manual connection works.

Wyse PocketCloud Team

925 Posts

HI Tinca, Is this rdp or vnc? What about remote desktop settings. Have you chosen the option' allow desktop running any version of rdp'?

Wyse PocketCloud Team

925 Posts

On the desktop, Right click on my computer-properties-remote desktop settings.

Wyse PocketCloud Team

No Events found!