Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

L

August 3rd, 2015 21:00

term server

term server

Hi all,
I have a slight problem which I hope can be resolved.

I use pocket cloud on a samsung tab 10.1 I had no problems with logging onto the company server and then the term server.

Ok now yesteday samsung sent me a firmware up grade which was some 245 M after the tablet had re booted and re configured I had the new look tablet which appears to be running quicker, however everything works fine except I CAN log onto the company server but when I try to log onto the term server I get the usual dialog box with my username pre typed in but the curser in the password box wont flash and therefore WONT allow me to type in my password.
Any ideas why?

Regards
Chris

1.3K Posts

August 3rd, 2015 21:00

Hi Chris, what firmware is the tablet using now? Can you make sure the following options on the device are not enabled:
Settings > Developer Options > Force GPU rendering and Settings > Developer Options > Do not keep activities

You could also try force stopping the application and clearing the application data to see if that corrects the problem (WARNING doing this will delete all saved data within the application).

Please let me know.

Josh Maurer
Visit our Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com

4 Posts

August 11th, 2015 05:00

Hi Josh 
Thanks for the reply

I went to settings developer settings etc the only thing that was checked was the usb debug

Went to about this device

Android version 4.0.4

Kernel version 3.1.10 se.imfra@sep-91#1

Smp preempt build number 1mm 76D.xxlph

The force stop didnt work either
Hope to here from you soon

Cheers

Chris

1.3K Posts

August 11th, 2015 05:00

Did you clear the application data as well or just do the force stop?

Have you tried tapping within the password field? I have seen the cursor not flash before and still be able to type in the field. Launch the keyboard either by the menu button or by tapping 3 fingers on the screen. Please let me know if this helps. 

Josh Maurer

4 Posts

August 11th, 2015 21:00

Hi josh,
Sorry for the late reply.
I tried the 3 finger tap on the screen which brought up the keyboard, however I could only type a letter in the password box if I kept my finger on the letter then various symbols of that letter would appear and it would only let me input capitals and numbers and I need to use lower case which it would not let me do
Any ideas
Regards
Chris

1.3K Posts

August 11th, 2015 21:00

Can you try disabling the following options on the Samsung keyboard:

-Predictive Text
-Handwriting 
-Auto-punctuate

Let me know if this helps. 

Josh Maurer