Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

D2

August 1st, 2015 06:00

4G connection problems

4G connection problems

Hi. I am new to pocket cloud and just bought the PRO version on my iPhone 5. I can connect to both my Mac and pc when connected to my home wifi. However, I cannot connect to either computers over my AT&T 4G LTE. I have allowed exceptions through the firewall and even set up port forwarding through my router. Can anyone help me ? I will be greatly disappointed in this app if it does not work over 4G. For me that's a deal breaker and I would have wasted my money.

1.3K Posts

Sorry about the trouble Dean.

I have been using the app on my iPhone 5 with AT&T 4G LTE without a problem. Lets see if we can get this figured out for you.

Are you using auto-discovery or a manual connection?

If you go to Settings > General > Cellular and disable LTE it should revert to 3G. Can you connect with 3G?

When you say you can connect fine with wifi, is this wifi network the same one the computer is on? Can you connect using a different wifi network?

Josh Maurer
Visit our Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com

Chris, 

Just to make things easy I decided to use the auto discovery and companion tool. I am now able to connect using WIFI and 4G. 

Thanks so much for the help and quick responses. I am very pleased with the app and the customer support. 

Dean

I do believe I am using the private ip. I will try the public ip and let you know how I make out.

1.3K Posts

What is the IP address you are using to connect? It sounds like you may be using a private (local) IP address rather than your public IP address or something in your port forwarding configuration is not correct.

Can you connect via wifi from a different network (outside of your local network)?

If you would like, you can send me your IP in a private message.

Josh Maurer

Hi Josh,

I set up my computers using the manual setup. I tried connecting using just 3G with no luck. I am able to connect using WIFI which is on the same network my computers are on.

1.3K Posts

Glad to hear!

Josh Maurer

I was able to connect one of my windows pc using the public ip. Cannot connect my Mac or other windows pc. They all use the same public ip. Is it possible to use more then one computer with this app? Is it just getting confused because they all have the same ip and username?

544 Posts

You can but you'll have to set RDP or VNC to run on their own unique ports for the other two computers. After you do that you need to go into your router configuration settings and forward those ports to the appropriate computers on your local network.

A much easier solution is to install our companion (www.wyse.com/pocketclouddownload) on each computer that you want to access. This will facilitate the connections through your Gmail account and doesn't require any manual configuration.

-Chris

No Events found!