Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

R

August 3rd, 2015 10:00

Companion not working

Companion not working

I am trailling pocketcloud with VNC on a windows XP Pro desktop - all works nicely.

I then downloaded the latest companion, and installed it OK. I skipped the section with the gmail account only, as I don't wish to use this.
It loaded and appeared in the taskbar. I then rebooted the PC and the companion also appeared in the taskbar.
I then connected from pocketcloud (trial version ) on the ipad. It connects OK BUT reacts very slowly to sceren taps - it takes 10 seconds to acknowledge a tap. Also when clicking the companion icon on the ipad it says PocketCloud companion is not installed.
I then uninstalled companion, rebooted the PC, and the performance went back to normal (ie OK)

Any ideas?
thanks

3 Posts

August 7th, 2015 03:00

Hi - thanks for the reply - It's OK I know the difference.
I run 2 networks here, with a router in between. Am connecting from network A (192.168.0.x) to network B (192.168.50.x). I port forward on this router 5900 to the controlled PC. Resolution is 1024x768, and it's running XP Pro SP3
Rob

544 Posts

August 7th, 2015 03:00

Are you connecting to a private or public IP address? If you're not sure then just tell me whatever is in your Connection Settings. How big is the resolution on your desktop?

-Chris

544 Posts

August 13th, 2015 05:00

Right, with RDP it will put Windows on the lock screen so that no one can see what you are doing. It is more secure than VNC.

544 Posts

It definitely shouldn't be taking 10 seconds to register a tap when connecting over your local network. Can you try connecting using RDP instead of VNC? RDP performance is faster in general. The reason the app is telling you that the companion is not installed is because we don't support File Browser over manual VNC connections. To use that feature you would have to sign into Gmail and use an auto connection or connect over a manual RDP connection.

-Chris

3 Posts

Ah - the reason I wanted to use VNC instead of RDP is because it's important for the controlled PC to know someone is logged in and doing something on it - with RDP you just get a CTRL-ALT-DEL screen. Seems like it won't work the way I want it to then

No Events found!