Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

R

July 29th, 2015 05:00

Error: VNC session Disconnected: 01VNC: rect too large:1440x900 (0,0)

Hello, I'm trying to use PocketCloud to connect an iPad to the MacBook. It works perfectly fine if my computer is awake. However, once my MacBook goes to sleep and I'm trying to reconnect, it seems that the iPad connects to the Mac, since I can open the keyboard, but then I get the following error when I'm trying to type the password to unlock the screen on the Mac

Thank you for your help.

1.3K Posts

August 2nd, 2015 05:00

What resolution is your Macbook running at? The maximum resolution we currently support it 2048x2048. Try lowering the resolution to see if that helps.

Josh Maurer
Visit our Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com

August 2nd, 2015 05:00

Same problem

I have the same problem as well. It worked with my settings for a while (1680x1050) which I think is less than the limit?

1 Message

August 14th, 2015 04:00

I have this exact problem also! Please fix!

1 Message

Bump!

I have the same problem. This has all the hallmarks of a bug, given the previous commenters saying it works for Android clients, but not iOS.

Do we have a fix timeframe? This is kind of a big deal for a remote desktop application. Having to be onsite to wake the display first kinda defeats the purpose, yeah? 

I'm not sure it's a resolution issue (but could always be wrong 

I can access my home iMac from my android but my iPad is temperamental. The culprit seems to be when the display has gone to sleep (not the Mac itself). My Android seems to deal with the required passcode when waking the display, but the iPad always seem to show the error as defined above.

Trial and error has proven that if I wake the display (and entering the passcode) using my android then disconnect. I then can access my home iMac using the iPad and all displays well ( no display settings changed )

So it seems to be confined to the iPad accessing my home iMac when the display is asleep.

1 Message

I have the same issue trying to connect my iPad to my Dell desktop

1.3K Posts

That is less than the limit, what is the remote servers resolution set to?

Josh Maurer

1.3K Posts

What version of the companion software are you guys using?

Josh Maurer

3 Posts

Thinking my issue is similar based on tests.

BUMP
Hey Josh,

My pocketcloud app successfully worked the first time I set everything up logged in and I played around for a bit. Then it kicked me out. Tried logging back in and hasn't worked since. Reinstalled on both my mbp's and my iphone multiple times. Tried a manual login as I read automatic was having issues with some people, with no luck. Almost gave up but after reading this post I changed the resolution on my mbp from 1440x900 to incrimentally down the options until it worked on 1024x768. It should work with the mbp's default resolution though right?

Hoping to fix this because I love the short time I got to spend with the app.

Thanks

3 Posts

August 14th, 2015 05:00

BTW, it's doing the same thing as these other people seemed to be. It does the Wyse logo with the loading wheel, then most often loads the tool bar of the app at the bottom for a half second with a black screen, then kicks me back to the home screen on my iphone.

1.3K Posts

Are you running multiple monitors? What is the resolution set to on your remote computer? The maximum resolution we support is 2048x2048 on the remote computer. 

Also what operating system and version are you using?

Josh Maurer

1.3K Posts

Thanks for the additional information. We are looking into it now. Also, can you guys capture a log from the companion for me? I have sent you PM's with my email address for you to send the logs to. Please be sure to include a link to this thread so I can keep track of you guys experiencing the problem.

To capture a log, please do the following:

OSX:
1- Click on the PocketCloud Kite icon (near the clock)
2- Select Preferences
3- Select the Advanced tab
4- Click on the box to the left of "Enable Debug"
5- From here attempt to reproduce the issue you are seeing.
6- After you have reproduced the issue, click on the PocketCloud Kite icon
7- Select Preferences
8- Select the Advanced tab
9- Click on the box to the right of "Enable Debug" to view the log
10- Save the file to your computer
11- Email me the log file

Windows:
1- Right Click on kite icon in the system tray
2- Select Preferences
3- Navigate to the Advanced tab
4- Check the Enable Debug option
5- Attempt to reproduce the issue
6- Navigate back to the Advanced tab under the companions preferences
7- Press the ... button next to where you enabled the debugging mode
8- Save this file and send it to me

Josh Maurer

3 Posts

Just my mac book pro by itself, no external monitors. The computer is at default 1440x900 res. Operating system OSX lion 10.7.5.

No Events found!