Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

I

August 3rd, 2015 00:00

Free Version of Pocket Cloud is shutting down

Free Version of Pocket Cloud is shutting down

Free version of Pocketcloud V 2.2.123 is shutting down on my iphone before I can do anything. Except checking the version ...

Iphone is a 3GS with IOS 4.3.5 (8L1). On the other side, there is a computer with Vista Pro SP1

Incident occurs after correctly installing my google account on both sides ..

Regards ..

544 Posts

What is the resolution of the computer you are connecting to?

2 Posts

My experience has been exactly the same. I'm using iPod Touch 4th Gen. and trying to connect from Touch [at home] to OS 10.7 desktop at work. I used the Google auto discovery method to connect, and it seems like the devices start to "see" each other and then the iPod Touch screen goes black, then back to the iPod Home screen. I'm using a to hi rez computer screens on the desktop at work that I'm trying to connect to. Thank you.

1 Message

PocketCloud free app still shutting down non-stop

My PocketCloud app keeps shutting down non-stop. I have tried re-installing and everything. My PC seems to be fine though. Everything was is all set up on my pc and my ipod. but whenever i attempt to connect from my ipod, the app just shuts down on me. It seems like it almost connects, as my desktop background goes black, but shortly after my app will close up and take me to my ipod home screen. it's been doing this all day for hours. any advice as reinstallation has no effect?

544 Posts

It's crashing on your phone or in Windows? Can you upgrade your device to iOS 5 (a free upgrade from Apple) and see if it still happens? Also try re-isntalling the app.

Thanks,

Chris

544 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by raz1151 View Post

My PocketCloud app keeps shutting down non-stop. I have tried re-installing and everything. My PC seems to be fine though. Everything was is all set up on my pc and my ipod. but whenever i attempt to connect from my ipod, the app just shuts down on me. It seems like it almost connects, as my desktop background goes black, but shortly after my app will close up and take me to my ipod home screen. it's been doing this all day for hours. any advice as reinstallation has no effect? 

What version of Windows are you running on your PC? How big is your screen resolution? What generation of iPod do you have?

2 Posts

August 7th, 2015 03:00

Shutting Down on iPod Touch 

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post

What is the resolution of the computer you are connecting to? 

One screen is 2048x1280 and the other is 1920x1080. The primary screen is 2048x1280.

Thanks.

544 Posts

August 7th, 2015 04:00

So across both monitors you are at 3968 x 2360. That's too high of a resolution for PocketCloud to handle. If you are connecting over VNC right now then I would recommend using RDP instead so that the resolution is down-scaled to the native resolution of your iPod touch. If that is not an option then the only other alternative is to unhook one of your monitors. We are working on a resolution for this but at the moment the VNC redrawing consumes too much memory which causes the app to crash.

-Chris

No Events found!