Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 30th, 2015 21:00

In landscape mode, the screen real-estate on my ipad is not well used...

In landscape mode, the screen real-estate on my ipad is not well used...

Hello:

On my iPad for the last several weeks (even before the new iOS update), I noticed that the remote screen is not using the full real-estate available on ipad.

Whatever screen is visible in the portrait mode is what appears on the land-scpae mode (only now it is worse as it is squished in a smaller space)! Your help in resolving this would be much appreciated as I have a remote demo on Saturday.

Regards.

------------------------------------------
iPad:
Home Computer:
Win XP Professional, Wyse v 2.1.1)

544 Posts

August 3rd, 2015 05:00

The app will choose a resolution when you connect to the remote desktop based on the device orientation at that time. If you want the resolution to be optimized for landscape mode then you should disconnect and re-connect with your iPad in held in that position.

Also make sure the Screen Resolution is set to "Automatic" by clicking "Edit" next to the desktop on your connection list.

4 Posts

August 6th, 2015 22:00

Can I ask a quick follow-up: Is the application enabled to show the remote desktop on a projector via ipad (while using the required ipad-VGA connector)? Thanks

4 Posts

August 6th, 2015 22:00

Thanks for the quick response. The setting on the client has always been set to automatic.

However, I closed all connections, closed the app, cleared the app from multitasking, chaned the orientation to landscape and tired to open the app. It opens the app in portrait mode! But, the second time, it seemed to recognize the new mode and seems to be working (even though I was not sure why it wouldn't change the first time).

But it is working. And, I am thankful for the prompt response.

544 Posts

August 7th, 2015 02:00

Quote Originally Posted by nsk73 View Post

Thanks for the quick response. The setting on the client has always been set to automatic.

However, I closed all connections, closed the app, cleared the app from multitasking, chaned the orientation to landscape and tired to open the app. It opens the app in portrait mode! But, the second time, it seemed to recognize the new mode and seems to be working (even though I was not sure why it wouldn't change the first time).

But it is working. And, I am thankful for the prompt response. 
Thanks. That is a separate bug that will be fixed in a future release. 
Quote Originally Posted by nsk73 View Post
Can I ask a quick follow-up: Is the application enabled to show the remote desktop on a projector via ipad (while using the required ipad-VGA connector)? Thanks 
Yes, that is supported  .

4 Posts

Thanks. Much appreciated.

1 Message

This is WORSE now since the latest update, it won't open in landscape at all. Funny part is, the last version the computer choice screen couldn't figure it out, which was an annoying bug..you guys sorta fixed that but now the actual connection can't figure it out. For my own usage, I can't use the program until this bug is fixed.

Both your orientation sensing and mouse click sensing need masssive work on bug squashing IMO.

Actually if I hold the iPad 100% vertically, connect, disconnect, reconnect then it may open properly 1/4 as of now. And I was wrong..the computer choice screen is still screwed up as well

No Events found!