nrzimmj
1 Copper

Issues Connecting to VMWare View using PocketCloud

Issues Connecting to VMWare View using PocketCloud

I have set up a manual conection to VMware View. When trying to connect I get the following message "PocketCloud Pro VMWare View Connection Failed! Please check your connection settings and try again" I have done lots of research and can't seem to find the problem. I do go through a load balancer. Any help would be appreciated.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Suchitha
3 Argentium

RE: Issues Connecting to VMWare View using PocketCloud

Hi Nr, Are you able to ping the view server from pinglite app?

 

 


Wyse PocketCloud Team

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Chris-2015
3 Silver

RE: Issues Connecting to VMWare View using PocketCloud

Quote Originally Posted by nrzimmj View Post

I have set up a manual conection to VMware View. When trying to connect I get the following message "PocketCloud Pro VMWare View Connection Failed! Please check your connection settings and try again" I have done lots of research and can't seem to find the problem. I do go through a load balancer. Any help would be appreciated.

 

What version of View Server are you connecting to? 4.0, 4.5, 4.6?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
nrzimmj
1 Copper

RE: Issues Connecting to VMWare View using PocketCloud

Quote Originally Posted by Suchitha View Post
Hi Nr, Are you able to ping the view server from pinglite app?

I have tried to ping the view server and get "no response from host".

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
nrzimmj
1 Copper

RE: Issues Connecting to VMWare View using PocketCloud

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
What version of View Server are you connecting to? 4.0, 4.5, 4.6?

View server is 4.5

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Chris-2015
3 Silver

RE: Issues Connecting to VMWare View using PocketCloud

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
nrzimmj
1 Copper

RE: Issues Connecting to VMWare View using PocketCloud

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post

I have read the document and that makes sense, but shouldn't using the IP address of the server instead of the name be able to connect?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Chris-2015
3 Silver

RE: Issues Connecting to VMWare View using PocketCloud

Quote Originally Posted by nrzimmj View Post
I have read the document and that makes sense, but shouldn't using the IP address of the server instead of the name be able to connect?

VMware performs a reverse DNS lookup of the IP address. If it's not resolvable then you won't be able to connect.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos