Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 29th, 2015 10:00

Logitech Bluetooth Keyboard for iPad, PocketCloud, and RDP: initial thoughts

Logitech Bluetooth Keyboard for iPad, PocketCloud, and RDP: initial thoughts

Posting my experience with this combo. It may help others in the same boat.

I'm using a Logitech Bluetooth Keyboard (model 920-003241) with my iPad 2 and PocketCloud Pro. I'm finding my way around some of the limitations of this pair when using RDP to my Windows 8 desktop.

Since the Bluetooth keyboard overrides the app's on-screen keyboard, I struggled with the easiest way to send the Alt and Windows keys.

I found that if I tap with two fingers to activate the on-screen mouse pointer UI and tap the key combo button, the keyboard with CTRL key combos appears. It takes up half the screen, but if you tap the key combo button (rectangle + rectangle), it hides all but the top row of the window which contains the Alt and Windows keys. This stays at the bottom of the screen until I close it.

This works for me, but I would rather have key-combos I could use on the Bluetooth keyboard instead.

I am pleased that the Caps Lock, Shift, and arrows keys work pretty well! I do have to press left or right once to go up or down occasionally. Shift-arrow to highlight text also works, but I've not yet found a combo for Undo or Redo. Copy/Paste is also interesting; I find the Edit menu is the only consistent way to get expected results.

1.3K Posts

July 29th, 2015 10:00

Thanks for the feedback, unfortunately we don't have the opportunity to test with all available hardware. I will see if I can get my hands on one of these keyboards.

Josh Maurer
Visit our Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com

1 Message

August 14th, 2015 11:00

Hello, this is the first time I ran across an experience of anyone using Bluetooth mouse with Ipad on RDP. I have been looking for this! I need to do some heavy computing on Excel. Excel for Ipad does not cut the mustard, so I can only RDP into Windows machine to do it right. But I have been missing a mouse! Finger-based RDP controls are not enough for me to do manipulations of 100,000 row Excel spreadsheets.

The question I have is this - how did you get the Ipad to support this? Was it jailbroken? I don't really want to jailbreak mine...

No Events found!