This post is more than 5 years old

S

August 1st, 2015 03:00

Pocket Cloud COmpanion - No Auto Discovery

Pocket Cloud COmpanion - No Auto Discovery

Companion Version: Product Version: 2.3.7. Product Language: 1033
Windows 7 Professional SP1 32 bit

Hi,

I have installed the windows companion as an admin, ran the setup and logged into googlemail account. On the PC all appears to be working (Sign out of googlemail showing when right click the companion software in system tray). However when try to connect using the app on either the iPhone or iPad I dont see the PC under the automatic connection.

I have tried:

1. Checking the firewall logs to see if any traffic is being blocked -> None that I could identify.
2. Checked firewall configuration to make sure that WyseBrowser was allowed on Private, Public and domain networks.
3. Stopped the firewall service and restarted the companion software.
4. Connected to a different internet connection to rule out issues on my primary line.

No matter what I try I can not get this machine to show up in the automatic connections. If I manually create the connection whilst on the same network range I can connect without an issue. (Not very useful for travelling)

Any suggestions of what else to try or where to look?

S

1.3K Posts

August 1st, 2015 03:00

Can you sign out within PocketCloud and also sign out from the PocketCloud Companion on your remote PC. After signing out on both PocketCloud and the PocketCloud Companion, sign in again using the same google credentials and let me know if any of your discovered connections show.

Josh Maurer
Visit our Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com

August 6th, 2015 05:00

Hi Josh,

I tried that and unfortunately it did not work. Not sure if this helps but when I check my googlemail archive I see lots of messages like:

pocketcloudxacto@appspot.com pocketcloudxacto@appspot.com via appspot.com
13:48 (19 hours ago)

to me
13:48
me: {"index":"0","cmdId":4104,"data":"{\"companionVers ion\":\"2.3.7\",\"hostName\":\"LA-13110\",\"mac\":\ommited by me\",\"os\":\"Microsoft Windows 7 Professional Service Pack 1 32-bit\",\"osVersion\":\"6.1.7601\"}","token":null,"j id":null,"url":null,"fromAddr":null}

I have also installed the companion software on another PC which is in a different location and this also never shows up in the auto discovery:

16:15
me: {"index":"0","cmdId":4104,"data":"{\"companionVers ion\":\"2.3.7\",\"hostName\":\"Media-PC\",\"mac\":\"ommited by me\",\"os\":\"Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate Edition 32-bit\",\"osVersion\":\"6.1.7600\"}","token":null,"j id":null,"url":null,"fromAddr":null}

My next test is to create a throw away googlemail account and see if that will work..

S

August 11th, 2015 07:00

Hi Josh,

The force close did not work I am afraid. All other information you requested has been sent via mail. I forgot to add in the mail both ios devices are running 5.01.

Cheers.

1.3K Posts

I have a couple things for you to do for me...

1. Can you log out of the application (in iOS), force close the application, and log in again to see if that helps?
2. I sent you a private message with some more information and steps if you could please respond.

Josh Maurer

1.3K Posts

Here are the top 5 reasons on why you may be getting that message and how to correct it:
http://pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com/e...-an-ios-device

Also, here is another way to correct that error:
http://pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com/e...n-disconnected

Let me know if this does not help.

Josh Maurer

Created a throwaway googlemail account and still the same issue with both PC's. See this mail in the archived mail items:

pocketcloudxacto@appspot.com pocketcloudxacto@appspot.com via appspot.com 
9:12 AM (5 minutes ago)
to me 

9:12 AM me: {"index":"0","cmdId":4104,"data":"{\"companionVers ion\":\"2.3.7\",\"hostName\":\"LA-13110\",\"mac\":\"ommited by me\",\"os\":\"Microsoft Windows 7 Professional Service Pack 1 32-bit\",\"osVersion\":\"6.1.7601\"}","token":null,"j id":null,"url":null,"fromAddr":null}
9:14 AM {"index":"0","cmdId":4104,"data":"{\"companionVers ion\":\"2.3.7\",\"hostName\":\"Media-PC\",\"mac\":\"ommited by me\",\"os\":\"Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate Edition 32-bit\",\"osVersion\":\"6.1.7600\"}","token":null,"j id":null,"url":null,"fromAddr":null}

S

1.3K Posts

Can you try this and let me know if it helps:

1. Start > Go to Run > Type regedit and go following location
"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contr ol\Terminal Server" . 

2. Check the value of fDenyTSConnections. 
If fDenyTSConnections is not equal to 0 make it 0 and restart WysePocketCloudService.

To restart service go to Start > Run > type Services > scroll down to Wyse PocketCloud and click restart

Josh Maurer

Same problem

I am trying to configure our corporate firewall to allow the PocketCloud companion to communicate out for the auto discovery function.

I need to know what ports need opening in the firewall for this to happen.
Any help would be appreciated.

1.3K Posts

I received your email and passed it along to our product team. I will let you know if I need any additional information from you. Thanks for your help!

Josh Maurer

1.3K Posts

I apologize for any inconvenience this may be causing you. I have passed this information onto our product team and will hopefully have a resolution for you soon.

Josh Maurer

That did the trick to make my computer be able to be found by the autodiscover feature.
Now I get an RDP session Disconnected error as soon as I try to connect.
I have verified that my account has RDP permissions and that RDP is allowed through the firewall.

No Events found!