Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 30th, 2015 02:00

Pocket Cloud Pro not connecting to OS X

Pocket Cloud Pro not connecting to OS X

Just purchased Pocket Cloud Pro for my iPad and set everything up on my MacBook pro and it will not connect. The iPad keeps saying that it cannot connect to the server. Both devices are on the same wireless LAN and I have confirmed the VNC settings are correct as well as the port 5900 test works.

Please advise!

544 Posts

1) Do you have the companion installed?
2) Do you have any sort of security software installed on your Mac that might be blocking port 5900?
3) Did you go to Apple > System Preferences > Sharing > Remote Management > Computer Settings and verify that the VNC box is checked?
4) Do you have a second computer on that same network that you can install a VNC Viewer on and try connecting to your Mac with?

544 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Loey50 View Post
I was able to connect once from my IPad but have not been able to since. I do have security through comcast. Could this be my problem? #3) of Chris's reply..I checked apple>systems preferences>sharing> remote management but do not see >computer settings in window to verify VNC box is checked???
I need help too.

Check under "Screen Sharing".

1 Message

I was able to connect once from my IPad but have not been able to since. I do have security through comcast. Could this be my problem? #3) of Chris's reply..I checked apple>systems preferences>sharing> remote management but do not see >computer settings in window to verify VNC box is checked???
I need help too.

No Events found!