Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Z

August 1st, 2015 22:00

PocketCloud Companion (Mac) Won't Open

PocketCloud Companion (Mac) Won't Open

I have tried several times to install the Companion program to my iMac (new - OSX 10.7.3) and each time it appears to install correctly and the icon appears within the Applications folder. However, on attempting to open the application nothing happens. Tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it. Tried restart computer etc. It appears to be dormant. And when I run PocketCloud Pro App on my iPhone it cannot find the iMac Computer through Easy Discovery etc (my gmail account is established and working).

Interestingly if I look at Activity Monitor within Utilities, I note the Process Name - Wyse PocketCloud Mac Companion - on the list (with 0.0% CPU use).

Please advise how I might get this quite expensive iPhone App to work with my home computer.

1.3K Posts

August 6th, 2015 07:00

Does the companion icon (kite) show up near the clock on the upper right of the screen? If you right click on it, does it show that is it logged in or logged out?

Josh Maurer
Visit our Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com

3 Posts

August 11th, 2015 08:00

Hi Josh,

To be honest I never noticed the icon up on the top RH side. It is greyed out but does respond to click and i have entered details such as gmail account name and password (several times) and nothing happens when I say OK to sign in. It has a red button next to Sign In. Tried restart, tried access from the iPhone App, nothing happening. Do I need to have the Companion installed and running if I manually setup a VNC link? Haven't done that yet but might try.

1.3K Posts

No problem and glad to hear you got things going.

Josh Maurer

1.3K Posts

So after signing in on the companion on your computer, does your computer show on the computer list within PocketCloud on your mobile device?

Josh Maurer

3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post

So after signing in on the companion on your computer, does your computer show on the computer list within PocketCloud on your mobile device?

All running now. I changed my router and experimented with the gmail account - and it started working. Thank you for your advice.

No Events found!