Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 1st, 2015 04:00

PocketCloud Services stopping in Win 7 Pro

PocketCloud Services stopping in Win 7 Pro

I have a latop running Windows 7 Pro and an iPad iOS 6.0.1, have the latest version of PocketCloud installed on both. However the PocketCloud Service shuts down at random, I can restart and it will run for a while a stop again. I tried un-installing and re-installing with no luck. I also tried installing while having our TrendMicro virus protection software disable as well but still no luck with keeeping the services running.

Any suggestions?

1.3K Posts

August 4th, 2015 10:00

Also try adding to any allowed applications lists within your firewall and anti-virus (like you have done already). 

It is possible to grab a log from the companion by doing the following:

-Right click on the companion icon (kite) in the system tray
-Select Preferences
-Navigate to the Advanced tab
-Check the Enable Debug option (if it is not already)
-Right click on the companion icon again in the system tray and select "Sign out - xxxxxxxx@gmail.com"
-Right click on the companion icon again in the system tray and select "Sign in - xxxxxxxx@gmail.com"
-Reproduce the issue you are seeing
-After reproducing the issue, next to where you enabled debug, select the ... button.

This will open the log in a notepad file. Save this document and send it to me in an email using the address I sent to you in a Private Message. I will email you back as soon as I get the log from you to confirm I got it. From there, I will have one of our engineers take a look at it to see if we can track down where the problem is for you. 

If the Enable Debug option has already been enabled, you can just send me the log file that it has already generated.

Josh Maurer
Visit our Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com

No Events found!