Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

H2

August 1st, 2015 04:00

PocketCloud and Cisco AnyConnect on-Demand SSL VPN

PocketCloud and Cisco AnyConnect on-Demand SSL VPN

We are using Cisco AnyConnect for SSL VPN for to our internal network. The VPN works in 2 modes:

1. Always On, which requires user interaction
2. On-Demand, which turns on the VPN when an app attempts to connect to a named host or domain, without any extra user interaction.

Mode 2 works for all apps tested (including other RDP apps) except PocketCloud. The VPN does not "see" PocketCloud trying to connect to a named host. Using Mode 1 (always on), Pocket cloud connects just fine.

We are considering this for a large scale (> 200 Ipads) deployment, and would like it to work with the on-demand option. Debugging tools in this environment are very limited - the VPN client has almost none. Wondering if anyone can explain how the session communication is initiated, in an effort to determine why the VPN does not see this as an "on-demand" request.

I will also open a case with Cisco.

Thanks

544 Posts

August 1st, 2015 04:00

Thanks for the suggestion. I will pass it along to our Product Team.

-Chris
Wyse Technology

August 6th, 2015 05:00

Can some one tell me how the session is started - are any other hosts or domains contacted before the RDP host machine ?

August 6th, 2015 06:00

Manual RDP - no google credentials entered either. I did find an app called "netstat" to run on the Ipad, in an attempt to see where this is trying to connect to. It looks like several servers at Akamai, but this could be another app.

1 Message

Was there ever a resolution to this issue. I am having the same problem as mentioned above.

145 Posts

Are you using a automatic discovery or manual rdp connection? 

Wyse PocketCloud Team

145 Posts

We have send a private message to get some account information. Please let us know the details. 

Wyse PocketCloud Team

544 Posts

Randy - We don't support On-Demand VPN at this time.

-Chris

No Events found!