Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

B

August 3rd, 2015 05:00

Pro version is crashing on iPad

Pro version is crashing on iPad

I have the latest Pro version (updated a few days ago), up to date iOS 5.0.1 and Lion 10.7.2 (not updated due to some known issues, waiting for a fix).

Whenever I try to connect to my iMac I can get as far as the Account screen, I click on my user account (total of 3 users on the Mac) and the app crashes on my iPad. Any ideas?

1.3K Posts

August 6th, 2015 10:00

Can you edit the connection to your iMac within PocketCloud and add your OSX username and password. After that, try to connect. Let me know if this helps.

Josh Maurer
Visit our Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com

1.3K Posts

August 12th, 2015 04:00

Very creative workaround you did there. As for addressing the issue in the future, I don't think anything will be done because with 10.7 you are supposed to be required to use your username/password when connecting via VNC.

I am not sure how you are doing it with our previous version to be honest.

Josh Maurer

I should have made it a bit clearer. I don't use a user name and in the password field I simply use the VNC password. This takes me to the Lion Account Login screen and from there I just select which user and in I go.

Thanks again Josh. For lots of reasons I don't want passwords on the standard user accounts on my iMac. I have managed to find the previous version of PocketCloud on my Mac so I have deleted the latest version from iTunes and used the previous one to roll back on my iPad. It now works again without the need to have passwords. I just connect to the login screen and then select which user I want to connect and it takes me in.

I'd really like to have the latest version running but I need this ability to run OSX user accounts without passwords. Any chance this can be addressed in the future?

1.3K Posts

Unfortunately to have this connection work properly, a password is required for your OSX login. This is how VNC was designed to work within Lion. So once you have a password set, save the login credentials on the connection settings within PocketCloud and you should be able to connect from there without error.

Josh Maurer

Hi Josh, thanks for the reply. I've had issues with user names and passwords before. The only way this works (as I have no password on my OSX account) is to leave the user name blank and use the VNC password. This takes me to the Account login screen where up until now, I could click on my account and it would connect. Since the update it crashes at that point.

I have tried using my OSX user name and no password but it just denies me access.

No Events found!