rjjuddson
1 Nickel

RDP/VNC Access denied error from Windows Companion, v215

Post RDP/VNC Access denied error from Windows Companion, v215

I'm running Win7 Pro, have "Allow connections from...." set, and have myself as a user. I get the "An access denied error occured when configuring your remote desktop." from the Diagnostics tool in PCloud Windows Companion.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
Chris-2015
3 Zinc

RE: RDP/VNC Access denied error from Windows Companion, v215

1) Go to Start > Control Panel.
2) Click on User Accounts.
3) Click on Manage User Accounts.
4) Find your username on the list. Does it say you are part of the "Administrators" group?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
rjjuddson
1 Nickel

Yes, as well as Remote Desktop Users. Thanks.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Sarun-2015
2 Iron

Is your RDP setting is set for "Allow connections from computer running any version of Remote Desktop(less secure)"? If not please enable it.

Also check Remote Desktop is added in the exception list in firewall. You can do this by control panel->Windows Firewall->Allow Programs or Features through Firewall . Make sure RemoteDesktop is enabled.

Wyse PocketCloud Team

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
rjjuddson
1 Nickel

RDP is set as noted already. Windows Firewall is not turned on as we're using Symantec Endpoint Protection corporate-wide. Our IT has stated "Symantec does not block RDP. I use RDP to remotely support clients with Symantec all the time."

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
rjjuddson
1 Nickel

When running PocketCloud Diagnostics, it does not get to the Firewall configuration portion of the diagnostics--stops at access denied error.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Sarun-2015
2 Iron

This error happens when pocketcloud tries to read or write the rdp configuration from windows registry. If you have configured the remote desktop correctly, try connecting it from pocket cloud and ignore this error.

Wyse PocketCloud Team

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
rjjuddson
1 Nickel

I have put in Gmail credentials, my Win7 machine shows as "Discovered" on iPad, when I tap for it the Wyse "Loading" screen shows, and then the iPad returns to its normal state. A connection is not made. When I use the same on our Vista machine, with TightVNC, it does load and allows remote access. I need to have sound passed through, so that is one reason for figuring this out.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Sarun-2015
2 Iron

I have send you a private message with some questions, please check your inbox in the forum.

Wyse PocketCloud Team

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Sarun-2015
2 Iron

Can you try RDP from another windows machine to the Win7?

Wyse PocketCloud Team

Tags (2)
0 Kudos