Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

N

July 29th, 2015 04:00

Remote connect to PC away from home

Remote connect to PC away from home

Hi
I uses pocketcloud and Windows Companion, WinXp Pro. I can connect to my PC with my IPad (WIFI only)when at home over my WIFI network.
I can connect to the Internet when away from home using my teathered IPhone and IPad.
I cannot connect to my PC when away from home.
Since I am using the free version until I am satisfied with the operation before I purchase the Pro version is this in anyway where my problem lies?
Is there some entry item I may have missed?
I connect only manually as the auto connect is not availlable.
thanks Navtalk

925 Posts

August 1st, 2015 00:00

Hi navtalk, Are you 'logged in' on your companion? please right cick on companion-autodiscovery settings and verify if login button is active. If active click on login please.
Right click on the same companion icon and do a diagnostic and let us know what you see.
Thanks!

Wyse PocketCloud Team

3 Posts

August 1st, 2015 00:00

Hi Suchitha
Thanks for your reply. Log in:Yes, verified. Diag: all checked IP correct.
I have only had the opportunity to try one time, could have been location even though I could connect to inet.
I did infact connect to my desktop from my easy chair with WIFI turned off and using 3G.
I am guessing this is a location thing. I will walk out to my barn about 200 feet away and try again this morning.
Navtalk

3 Posts

August 3rd, 2015 21:00

Wrong

Quote Originally Posted by navtalk View Post

Hi Suchitha
Thanks for your reply. Log in:Yes, verified. Diag: all checked IP correct.
I have only had the opportunity to try one time, could have been location even though I could connect to inet.
I did infact connect to my desktop from my easy chair with WIFI turned off and using 3G.
I am guessing this is a location thing. I will walk out to my barn about 200 feet away and try again this morning.
Navtalk

I seem to be in error with my last comment. I did not connect over 3G. I am in town and have no success. iPhone and iPad are connected over mywi 4.0

All seem as it should but cannot connect.
I am still in town writing this so I am on the inet
Navtalk

Navtalk

No Events found!