Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

T

July 29th, 2015 03:00

Slow Video

Slow Video

Hi,
today I installed Pocketcloud RDP (Win7 Ultimate). Everything works fine but the videos (avi, mpg...) are very slow. About 5fps. Other Apps like "Zumocast" are fast enough for movies.... for free. But this app has other problems. So I want to use Pocketcloud. I paid für the app and the premium account and get less?

What can I do to make Video faster?

Regards ANDI

544 Posts

July 31st, 2015 21:00

Hello,

We are aware of the performance issues when streaming a video and hope to address them in the future. Thank you for your feedback. I have relayed it to the Product Team.

-Chris
Wyse Technology

August 3rd, 2015 05:00

Hi,
the file browser works sometimes. It´s faster - yes. But after watching a movie or push Fastforward oder if I want to change the file there comes " No Pocket Cloud Companion installed..." But it is installed! I wached a movie a few minutes before, so it works... sometimes. The Pocketcloud icon is shown in the systray but i think its crashed. Any idea?

ANDI

925 Posts

HI Tieft, when you disconnect and connect back are you able to access your file browser videos?
Are you doing a auto connetcion or manual?
Can you check control panel-administrative tools-services? do you see pocketcloud service running?

Wyse PocketCloud Team

544 Posts

I forgot to mention that our File Browser offers improved video streaming performance.

1) Connect to your desktop.
2) Tap Menu on the bottom tool bar in PocketCloud.
3) Select "File Browser".
4) Select the video you would like to view.

You will need to have the PocketCloud Companion installed to access this.

August 5th, 2015 08:00

now I did some tests. I can disconnect and connect again, the filebrowser works. If I try auto connect "RDP disconnectet" is shown. So I connect manual... it works.
The pocket cloud service ist running.
If a video is running to end or I finish it manual I can start an other one wihout problems. But if I rewind a bit all stops and its impossible to use the file browser... At my PC comes the message "Wyse Browser doesnt work" *stopped working* I have to reboot my PC

925 Posts

Hi, Are you doing a manual connection or auto connetcion? For manual, please make sure you are on the same network as the host computer.

Wyse PocketCloud Team

925 Posts

Hi thieft, We dont support rewind as of now. It will be supported in the future release. Thank you for your valuable feedback and patience!

Wyse PocketCloud Team

I´ve installed the new 2.1.14 software at my PC. No connection problems anymore !!! 

... but the same Problems with video. Am I the only person who has problems with rewind/Fforward Movies? 

ANDI

925 Posts

Tieft, ok the problem happens only when we rewind the video correct? we will look into this
Thanks!

Wyse PocketCloud Team

Yes, rewind or fast forward makes problems with Video.

And there is a New Problem. All Test I made with wifi in my own Net/Router. Now I tried with 3G and I can't log in my pc (could Not connect server) Maybe a firewall Problem? With Team viewer there are no problems.I'm sorry for Many questions.

Andi

No Events found!