Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

JS

August 3rd, 2015 02:00

Thin browser missing after upgrade to 2.2.223

Thin browser missing after upgrade to 2.2.223

I am no longer able to use thin browser after upgrading to pocket cloud pro 2.2.223. I am logged on with a premium subscription and have the latest version of pocket cloud companion on the PC, but the thin browser menu option is not present. Support has had me logout and log back in of the premium subscription but still no luck. Has anyone else experienced this, or have any insight?

544 Posts

August 10th, 2015 05:00

We had to make a difficult decision based on the customer feedback we have been getting. We removed Thin Browser and now recommend customers to use their remote desktop's web browser thru PocketCloud to browse the web. There is no performance hit in doing so and this way users can leverage all the advanced functionality of their desktop's web browsers.

This decision was triggered by the release of iOS 5 and in order to accelerate the development of new features in File Browser such as: 
• iOS 5 Support: (Thin Browser was broken with the new Split-Keyboard of iOS 5)
• Added Improved 2-finger gestures for scrolling
• Improved multimedia Streaming over 3G
• Added support to upload your Videos and Images from your iOS device to your Desktop
• Added support for Mac OS

We apologize the inconvenience but are sure that PocketCloud has become a stronger product based on these changes. 

Thanks & Regards,

PocketCloud Support Team

No Events found!