Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 31st, 2015 08:00

Unable to connect to Windows Server 2003 using PocketCloud iOS on iPad's

Unable to connect to Windows Server 2003 using PocketCloud iOS on iPad's

Ed Grose, Jun 05 09:59 am (PDT):
I've had several users using PocketCloud iOS as well as PocketCloud Windows to connect by Remote Desktop to a small business Windows Server 2003 server through a static IP address for months. Everything was working fine until the past weekend when the server software was updated.
Now, none of the devices will connect through the statc IP address. In addition, when connected wirelessly within the local network, PocketCloud iOS will not connect directly to the sever using the server name, whereas Windows devices will connect directly if the devices are connected wirelessly to the LAN.
Any suggestions as to what may have been changed or how to try to resove the issue?

Ed Grose, Jun 05 12:51 pm (PDT):
PocketCloud version is 2.2.134
The devices are iPad’s.
After an extended time of “Loading” dialogue - Error returns on the iPad’s as dialogue box: PocketCloud, RDP Session Disconnected, Exit (button), Reconnect (button) It appears that the “Loading” effort continues to run in the background.
On iPad’s I’m using Remote Desktop Connection (port 3389); Host is static IP address of Verizon broadband connection; Username, Password, Domain are blank (Username and Password are required on Login to servernew).

8 Posts

July 31st, 2015 08:00

Continuing to read through this forum, I came upon a thread entitled: "RDP Disconnect Issue" wherein your reply indicated that PocketCloud does not support Terminal Server 2003 gateway connections. Funny, because that's just the way I've been connecting our IPads until last weekend. Now, I'm getting the same result that "acolyte" reported. Why would it stop working now?

1.3K Posts

August 11th, 2015 09:00

Unfortunately because we do not offically support RD Gateway connections to 2003 servers, any behavior like this would be intermittent and unexpected.

Did you update the application this last weekend when it started to not work for you?

Josh Maurer
Visit our Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com

No Events found!