Chris-2015
3 Zinc

RE: Unable to connect

0 Kudos

Seemed you were on your way to answering my connection problem, but the other guy's situation worked out too quickly for me.

Using Windows 7 Home Premium, connecting through TightVNC. The app on the iPad sees the connection through auto detect, loopback is enabled, passwords match -- and I keep getting the "Pocketcloud Could not connect to server" error.

Help!!

0 Kudos
Chris-2015
3 Zinc

Quote Originally Posted by Badhatharry View Post
Seemed you were on your way to answering my connection problem, but the other guy's situation worked out too quickly for me.

Using Windows 7 Home Premium, connecting through TightVNC. The app on the iPad sees the connection through auto detect, loopback is enabled, passwords match -- and I keep getting the "Pocketcloud Could not connect to server" error.

Help!!

I've had a ton of problems with UltraVNC. I would suggest de-installing it and installing TightVNC (http://www.tightvnc.com/). Can you give that a try and see if it works out better for you?

0 Kudos

I already am using TightVNC

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Chris-2015
3 Zinc

Quote Originally Posted by Badhatharry View Post
I already am using TightVNC

Do you have the PocketCloud Companion installed?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos

Yes, PocketCloud companion is installed and running, auto discovery seems to work fine, I tested the VNC port and it comes back good. And the computer shows up fine in the iPad app. But when I tap it to connect, it gives me a PLEASE WAIT spinner for a few seconds, then says it can't connect.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Highlighted

I saw the sticky you just added. I understand the sentiment, but I hope that wasn't in lieu of a reply to this problem -- I already read through all that and couldn't solve the problem, which is why I posted here. Is there any advice you can give me?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Chris-2015
3 Zinc

No definitely not. I just checked with our Engineers are we are pretty stumped. If the connection is lighting up in the app then you shouldn't have a problem connecting. Can you try disabling your firewall in Windows 7?
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...-turn-off.html

Tags (1)
0 Kudos

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
No definitely not. I just checked with our Engineers are we are pretty stumped. If the connection is lighting up in the app then you shouldn't have a problem connecting. Can you try disabling your firewall in Windows 7?
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...-turn-off.html

I turned off the firewall, but that didn't help. The only other thing I was going to try was try to connect manually instead of auto discovery? In case it's an IP address problem? Pressing EDIT next to the connection that appears in the iPad only brings up nickname and password, no host settings available.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Chris-2015
3 Zinc

Yeah you can try connecting via a manual conenction. To do that tap the "+" sign on the Home screen and select VNC. If both your computer and iPad are on the same WiFi network then type in the private IP address. If you are connection externally then type in your public IP address (which you can find at www.whatsmyip.net).

0 Kudos