Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 29th, 2015 02:00

VNC Crash

Question VNC Crash

I am running Windows 7 Pro 64bit and have an Ipad 2 iOS 6.1.3 and am having troubles connecting PocketCloud via VNC both manually and autodiscovery. Runs fine in RDP but crashes immediately after loading on Ipad. I am using I am using tightVNC and have loopback enabled. I turned on port forwarding on my router to use 5900 along with companion and tightVNC. Tried to setup Remote Desktop but got confused when adding users. I could not add add the Ipad and did not have an option to search remote location.

I was trying to run a VNC because ultimatley what I need is to be able to access a smartcard to work. Anyone have any ideas?? Thanks

1.3K Posts

July 29th, 2015 02:00

What resolution is your remote computer running? And it crashes on both manual and auto-discovery connections? Are you getting any errors?

Josh Maurer
Visit our Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com

3 Posts

August 2nd, 2015 03:00

It crashes on all resolution settings... No errors are coming up unless there is log somewhere I can check

3 Posts

August 14th, 2015 04:00

I followed above instructions... companion showed error "log file cannot be found" after recreating fault.

1.3K Posts

Yes, you can capture a log file from the companion. Please do the following:

Windows:
1- Right Click on kite icon in the system tray
2- Select Preferences
3- Navigate to the Advanced tab
4- Check the Enable Debug option
5- Attempt to reproduce the issue
6- Navigate back to the Advanced tab under the companions preferences
7- Press the ... button next to where you enabled the debugging mode
8- Save this file and send it to us using out ticketing system (submit a ticket here: http://pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com/tickets/new) and be sure to include a link to this forum thread with a note mentioning that I (Josh) asked you to send us the log file.

Josh Maurer

1.3K Posts

What version of the companion software are you using?

Josh Maurer

No Events found!