Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

August 5th, 2015 08:00

WyseBrowser.exe activity

WyseBrowser.exe activity

Occasionally I'll notice that WyseBrowser.exe (v2.2.10) is taking a lot of cpu time but no remote session is in operation. Win7/64 and iPad1.

Why would this happen? Note the CPU activity in the following image.

925 Posts

August 13th, 2015 03:00

Hi Speed, I am looking into this.
Thanks!

Wyse PocketCloud Team

27 Posts

August 13th, 2015 03:00

Thanks Suchitha. Have there been other reports of this?

145 Posts

August 13th, 2015 04:00

This is not reported by any other user. Can you give us the following details as we are trying to reproduce this in our environment.

1. How ofter are you seeing this issue?
2. Can you provide me the system information? Right Click on trayicon->Support->System Information
3. What all operations you do normally with pocketcloud for eg: rdp, vnc, filebrowser, video playback, file download, vmware view etc

I will encourage you to file a bug so we can exchange files easily
http://pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com/requests/new

Wyse PocketCloud Team

2 Posts

August 13th, 2015 05:00

You are not the only one

I just noticed this today myself while trying to track down system "freezes" that I have been seeing the past couple of weeks. I thought it was my mail client, but I happened to be watching CPU utilization and say Wysebrowser.exe jump to the top. Ended the process, no more trouble.

I generally leave my system running 24/7, perhaps there is something going on there. I have also submitted a bug report, thanks for the link.

For reference, I have a Quad Core Core Duo Intel box with 8GB of ram running Windows Vista 64. V2.2.10 of the Wyse product.

145 Posts

PdProg,
What is your OS and system configuration?

Wyse PocketCloud Team

2 Posts

Had this occur again today, saw it jump to 62% CPU and 543,512k Memory. I will try over the next few days to see if I can find how long this takes prior to occurence.

23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sarun View Post
This is not reported by any other user. Can you give us the following details as we are trying to reproduce this in our environment.

1. How ofter are you seeing this issue?
2. Can you provide me the system information? Right Click on trayicon->Support->System Information
3. What all operations you do normally with pocketcloud for eg: rdp, vnc, filebrowser, video playback, file download, vmware view etc

I will encourage you to file a bug so we can exchange files easily
http://pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com/requests/new

It's being reported by this user, and I have a support history with you guys.

It was just chewing up a bunch of CPU for no good reason, so I killed it.

Why would it use so much CPU? I'm hoping it's not because someone is browsing my computer without my knowledge.

I will post an image if I feel daring enough to run it again.

27 Posts

Thanks for your attention to this. I just submitted a support request.. which is what I assume you are asking me to do w/r/t to a bug report.

925 Posts

Hi Dr, Looks like your pc is running low in memory. Please kill the other apps like fsbrowser. 
That might be the reason for high cpu utilization. 
Thanks!

Wyse PocketCloud Team

27 Posts

Any update on the log files I sent in?

1 Message

I'm having this same issue. WyseBrowser.exe is hanging out around 15-20 % cpu even though it hasn't been used in days. In fact, it was only used to test once. Please advise. Thanks.

23 Posts

August 13th, 2015 06:00

Quote Originally Posted by Suchitha View Post
Hi Dr, Looks like your pc is running low in memory. Please kill the other apps like fsbrowser. 
That might be the reason for high cpu utilization. 
Thanks!

I'm not really sure how you can tell how much memory I have left (which I have plenty). I am assuming you are thinking I posted the original post in this thread. I did not. I'm saying, I too, have this issue now. I just uninstalled the product at work because it was making my machine unusable.

No Events found!