Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

X

August 3rd, 2015 02:00

companion without admin rights

companion without admin rights

Good day! Please, help me, i have installed companion with admin account and i must create connection for user without admin priveleges. Without admin privelegies i can`t sign in to google account with user rights, OS Win7 pro x64. Is it realy?

1.3K Posts

August 10th, 2015 04:00

Hello xray85, you can run the application on a limited user account. What you will need to do is allow permissions for that user to use the application. To do that, follow these instructions:

-Press the start button
-Right click on Computer
-Select Properties
-On the left hand side, select Remote Settings
-On the Remote tab, press the Select Users button
-Press the Add button and select the limited user account you want to give access to
-Press Ok and apply the changes

From here the limited user you selected should have access. Please let me know if this does not work for you.

3 Posts

August 10th, 2015 21:00

This computer in domain and parental controls is not avaliable...

3 Posts

This user is allready in "Remote desktop users" group. I have a problem with companion. I cant sign in to my gmail account, when i click "sign in", i have a message, "You have not administrator privelegies on this computer".

1.3K Posts

You will need to log in as the Administrator to be able to access these settings under the Control Panel.

1.3K Posts

You need to give the limited user account access to the application. Follow these instructions:

-Open Control Panel
-Select User Accounts
-Select Manage Another Account
-Select the Limited account you wish to give access to
-Select Parental Controls
-Turn ON Parental Controls 
-Select Allow and Block Specific Programs
-Select Limited can only use the programs I allow
-Select the PocketCloud application (and any other applications you want to allow the user to have access to)
-Press OK

From here the user should have access to enter their google credentials. Please let me know if you are still having trouble after this.

No Events found!