Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

J

August 13th, 2015 09:00

could not connect to server

could not connect to server

I have a couple of computers on my LAN that can connect to a windows server located externally. I have recently purchased the wyse software for my ipad but get an error indicating that I cannot connect to the external server. Are there any special settings I need to set on the windows machine for this to work? when I connect to the windows server normally I get a warning about how rdp cannot verify the identity of the the computer I want to connect to. 
Please help, this is frustrating.

925 Posts

Hi Jpoyser,yes, Please make sure nla is turned off. computer-properties-remote desktop- use the option " allow users running any version of rdp" Thank you!

1 Message

What is "nla"? My remote setting is correct but i still get msg " pocketcloud is unacle to connect to the server."

145 Posts

This error occurs normally when your device could reach the ipaddress/port of the machine. May be below reasons

1. You may be in a external wireless n/w or 3G and trying to access your secured n/w. Try pinging to this IP address from your device.
2. Port you are trying to connect may different than the rdp listening port.

You can run the PocketCloud diagnostics in the server to detect any server configuration issue. Launch diagnostics from PocketCloud tray icon

Having the same problem

I am using an Ipad for remote access. This works when I an at home using the same router and modem. When I leave and try to remote access in from wifi or a hot spot I get the error message cannot contact server. Need help here. Want to use this app that I paid for.

925 Posts

on your windows machine, please update the remote desktop settings. (my computer-right click-properties-remote tab)Please make sure you use the option " allow computers running any version of remote desktop to connect"
"

August 13th, 2015 10:00

Ipad connection problem, could not connect to server

Hi, I need help! I cannot connect to My server. I have tried everything but it doesn't work. Is there something I have to download to My iPad so it can work or is there settings! Help me

6 Posts

apparently the only way to get to my pc is through the company VPN...does that negate your application then?

6 Posts

and i can log into gmail on both devices using standard browser...

2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Suchitha View Post
on your windows machine, please update the remote desktop settings. (my computer-right click-properties-remote tab)Please make sure you use the option " allow computers running any version of remote desktop to connect"
"

Still doesn't fix the issue for me. I still can't connect via 3g from my iPad.

6 Posts

I cannot ping my PC from the ipad...

145 Posts

This may be a firewall blocking issue. When you try to access your home computer behind a firewall it blocks any incoming connections. To overcome this issue we have introduced "Auto-Discovery" feature. You can use your gmail login to discover the machines. Please refer "Automatic Discovery" section in our user guide.

925 Posts

Hi Rosalia,
Can you also make sure your username is in the access control list for rdp.
right click on computer-properties-remote settings-select users
Thanks!
Wyse

PocketCloud Team

925 Posts

Hi jharvey, Are the ports 5222 and 443 blocked? Do you have any proxy server running in your environment?

Wyse PocketCloud Team

925 Posts

jharvey, login failed on device or pc?
Can you please login to gmail using your device browser and the pc.
Does that work?

Wyse PocketCloud Team

6 Posts

don't know if the ports are blocked and yes there is a proxy server

No Events found!