Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

C2

July 30th, 2015 04:00

host PC internet disconnect automatically

host PC internet disconnect automatically

When my iPad try to connect my host PC, my host PC will change to locked mode and lost internet connection (regardless wired/wireless/ or even company VPN). Is there anyway to change the setting?

Thanks,
Clark

200 Posts

August 2nd, 2015 01:00

Hi Clark, I'm not sure I understand how the PC will loose internet connection. Regarding "locked mode", this is how the RDP functionality from Microsoft works. As soon as you RDP to a machine it locks the local display to prevent users in front of the computer from seeing what you do. If you want to Shadow the actual screen of your PC, you can install a VNC server on your windows machine and connect using VNC instead of RDP. I can recommend you to instal Real VNC Server if you want to do that.

623 Posts

August 7th, 2015 03:00

Clark,
Can you provide some information about your host PC, OS type, 32/64 bit, home/pro/enterprise/ultimate and if you are using autodiscovery?

Roger Montalvo 
Visit our Dell Wyse Thin Client Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at www.wyse.com/KB
Visit our Dell Wyse PocketCloud Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at http://pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com/forums
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

August 7th, 2015 03:00

I'm using winXP pro in my company laptop.

No Events found!