Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 3rd, 2015 00:00

issues for new potential user

issues for new potential user

I am evaluating pocketcloud pro and itap (and logmein) for potential use with a server that requires NLA. I've tried a few RDP products in the past, so I some limited experience with other products. pocketcloud NLA works great, however ...

I have 3 immediate issues for which I seek help:
1. panning seems painful (but perhaps it is just my inexperience?)
2. there seem to be issues related to screen size, especially but not limited to changing iphone from vertical to horizontal
3. grabbing a window margin to resize vertical or horizontal seems impossible for the primary application on this server (but seems to work with "normal" windows)

and also seems slightly slow compared to my other RDP apps

6 Posts

4. the mouse cursor movement resolution seems slightly touchy.

1.3K Posts

Yes, there is a TAB key. You can select the secondary keyboard function with the arrows, select the FN key, and on that screen there is a TAB button.

1.3K Posts

Glad I could help out. =]

6 Posts

phone 4, IOS 5.0.1, PocketCloud pro 2.2.223, Companion 2.2.15.
Server windows 2008 R2
wifi. excellent signal 

1. panning. yes, left and right. it may have been when I was using the non-pro version that I had trouble panning. I have since got the hang of it, using the Touch Pointer. Although a little slow. And other RDP apps seem to pan more smoothly, via dragging the screen. And there is still a problem - it is impossible to have the touch pointer focus the mouse pointer on window elements that are on the (extreme) right and also the bottom of the window. 

2. screen size - yes what you describe is what I am seeing http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/7...dscreennar.jpg . The behavior is not unreasonable. Though iirc it's not what I've experienced with other RDP programs.

3. margins - yes. zooming helped. thanks. I still have a problem with the bottom of the app, but that might be happening because it's a freaky app.

4. mouse cursor movement - sometimes when I lift my finger from the Touch pointer the mouse doesn't stay exactly where it put it.

5. I got into a state where pocketcloud stopped working with the server window. I think picked pocketcloud's "Logoff" (disconnect was not offered as an option), and it doe not log off the server. Nor was I able to terminate the pocketcloud session. After a few minutes I got a pcloud prompt asking if I wanted to "reconnect".

6. The application screen got goofy, with two lines of menus http://img849.imageshack.us/img849/7...dwinpakmen.jpg Never had this happen with normal remote desktop.

6 Posts

1. I figured out now that I can move the entire screen, which gives enough space for the pointer tool to hit the edges

5. not recurred

6. straight connection. not recurred so far

7. Is there a tab key?

Thanks

1.3K Posts

Thanks for posting. What iPhone are you using the application on and what version of iOS is it running? What versions of PocketCloud and PocketCloud Companion are you using? What type of internet connection are you using (wifi or 3g/4g)? Does the device have good signal?

1. When you say panning is painful, what do you mean? Do you mean moving the screen to the left and right? What are you experiencing? 
2. What issues are you seeing specifically? The screen automatically adjusts the resolution to the orientation the device is in while connecting. If you connected in Portrait view, then rotated to landscape after being connected, the resolution would stay in the portrait size and vice versa. You can use the auto zoom button on the toolbar at the bottom of the screen to zoom/adjust the resolution to fit the screen.
3. The easiest way to grab the margins for resizing a window is to zoom in a bit so you can more accurately put the pointer in the right place. You can also grab the lower right corner of most windows and quickly adjust the height/width.
4. I am not sure exactly what you mean. Please explain what you are experiencing.

6 Posts

Thanks Josh. It's all wrapped up in a bow now. 

1.3K Posts

My apologies for the delayed response...

1. I am not sure why you are unable to have the pointer focus on windows on the far right/bottom of the screen. Are the windows you are trying to focus on maximized or is this at all times? I am able to focus the pointer on the right side and the bottom right of a window to re-size it without a problem.

2. The behavior is by design. It looks like the application window you have open is too large for the screen in that orientation. You may want to drag the window further to the left so you can manipulate the window to fit the screen or rotate into landscape.

3. It sounds as though it may be an issue with the application you are using rather than our application. Some applications don't have the same window controls like an explorer window would.

4. I have noticed that too, and under closer inspection I realized it had to do with how I lifted my finger off of the screen. Some devices screens are more sensitive to touch and this could be causing the pointer to not be exactly where you put it.

5. It sounds as though you lost connectivity on your device briefly. Has this happened again since you posted?

6. I can't say I have ever seen that before. Are you connecting to a remote desktop through another remote server by any chance?

No Events found!