Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M2

August 2nd, 2015 22:00

non-standard RDP port problem

non-standard RDP port problem

I have 2 PCs behind the same NAT router (Cisco SRP527W) and my ios 5.0 on iphone won't connect via port 3390. I'm using Pocketcloud Pro 2.2.223

It connects ok to the pc on port 3389 but not on 3390. 

In fact trying to connect to the pc on port 3390 it simply connects to the other one on 3389. 

I tried deleting all my computers and re configuring just the one on 3390 but it still connected to 3389.

Using a pc external to my lan, I can connect happily to both even at the same time. I'm thinking this might narrow the problem down to the iphone/pocketcloud. As confirmation, a colleague with pocketcloud premium tried to connect to my pc on 3390 and also connected to the one on 3389.

In the past this has worked properly but I cannot remember exactly when this problem started. Maybe it was when I recently upgraded the Pocketcloud software - not sure.

Any hints would be appreciated

Thanks

Fred

2 Posts

Hi - Has this issue been resolved? I'm having the same issue from IPad (ios-5) to windows 7 across internet. I can enter ANY port number and it still only uses 3389. Thanks,

Paul.

1.3K Posts

paulw, did you try my suggestion above yet by any chance?

What versions of PocketCloud and PocketCloud Companion are you using? What error message are you getting exactly?

1.3K Posts

Hello Fred, sorry to hear you are having trouble getting connected. Lets see if we can get you connected...

On one of your connections that you have a custom RDP port set on, select Edit. On this screen (Connection Settings) save your login information. Once you have your login information here, attempt to connect.

Let me know if this gets you connected.

1.3K Posts

August 2nd, 2015 23:00

No worries and completely understandable. =]

What you can do is delete the valid credentials you saved and then enter invalid credentials so you will be prompted to enter the valid ones. 

This issue is fixed in a upcoming release. So keep an eye out for a update in the future!

1.3K Posts

Hello everyone, I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with this. I will be looking into this issue more today for you all. I will let you know as soon as I have anymore information.

I have exactly the same proplem here since using version 2.2.223.

Added a RDP connection to a non standard port, but it always connects to 3389.

In my case, my router have 3 NAT port forwards:

777 -> PC A, 3389
3389 -> PC B, 3389
33803 -> PC C,3389

The connections are all manually configured in PocketCloud (We don't use the companion), but ALL connects to PC B, because it is the one with 3389.

There must be a bug in this version.

1 Message

Me too

I can confirm this problem from my iPad2 - I use port 3398 and if I only fill in username and domain, it fails to connect, but if I put in my password in the connection setup (which I'd prefer not to do), it succeeds. Same version of pocket cloud pro as mentioned above. This is a real problem that didn't exist prior to the most-recent update.

1.3K Posts

Are you guys able to connect using those specific ports using a different RDP application (like a Windows computer to computer)? 

What kind of computers are you connecting to (Windows or Mac)? What operating system(s)?

What fields do you have filled out on the connection's settings? 

I was able to reproduce the issue ONLY when I did not have the username and password saved on the connections settings. After entering that information, I was able to connect using custom ports without a problem.

I'm having the same issue with the free version of PocketCloud.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
I was able to reproduce the issue ONLY when I did not have the username and password saved on the connections settings. After entering that information, I was able to connect using custom ports without a problem.

I can confirm this as well. I have two RDP hosts on the same IP; one using 3389 --> 3389 (Windows Home Server, based on Server 2003), and the other using 3390 --> 3389 (Windows 7 Pro). Without saving both the username and password on the 3390 connection, connecting to 3390 redirects me to the 3389 host. If the username and password are saved for the 3390 host, I can connect to it properly.

I've tried a few other iOS RDP apps, and they can connect to both hosts the way you'd expect without having to save the logon credentials. I also don't have any issues connecting with the Windows Remote Desktop Client. 

While connected to Wifi on the same network as the two RDP hosts, I can connect to both machines normally using PocketCloud using local IPs. But, if I don't save a username and password I can also enter any port and it'll still connect. It seems to completely ignore the port setting unless I save a username and password. Once the credentials are saved, connecting to an invalid port fails as it should.

The settings I've been using are:
-a nickname and host, as required
-normally no username or password, but I tried with only a username (no password) and it still failed
-no domain
-automatic resolution
-English (United States) keyboard
-console mode and NLA off

I just want to add I have the same problem as other posters above.

Without username and password, PocketCloud always connects to the default 3389 port. I have multiplte RDP servers running behind multiple ports as well, so I can tell it's connecting to the wrong server. I have tried both the free PocketCloud and PocketCloud Pro. And I've tried other RDP programs and they all work as expected.

I'm on iPad 1, iOS 5.0.1, PocketCloud Free/Pro 2.2.223, and my RDP servers are Windows Server 2003 R2 and 2008 R2.

2 Posts

Yes, this work-around work. (not using the PC Companion). Thanks. Odd though...

23 Posts

Invalid credentials definitely helps , is this being fixed anytime soon?

1 Message

Ditto

I have the same issue.

iPhone 4s/iOS 5.0.1/PocketCloud 2.2.223

1.3K Posts

Yes, there is a fix that should be in the next release (hopefully in the next few weeks).

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
On one of your connections that you have a custom RDP port set on, select Edit. On this screen (Connection Settings) save your login information. Once you have your login information here, attempt to connect.

Let me know if this gets you connected.

Josh that did work but it logged me straight into that machine. While I accept this is working it is highly insecure and I'm not permitted to (ever) save logins to that network. 

Can you ask your devs to move the port selection code a little earlier in the process to a spot ahead of submitting credentials?

Sorry to take so long to reply. Life gets a little tricky sometimes.

Thanks

Fred

No Events found!