Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 6th, 2015 09:00

New to DT virtualization

New to DT virtualization

Many thanks for your time in advance...

Although I have been in IT for over 10 years now and have deployed many blade centers for server virtualization, I am clueless where to begin in virtualizing desktops.

I currently have a client looking to virtualize about 20 desktops. They have a blade center (Hyper-V) that currently hosts 8 of their servers (Server 2008 R2) with additional room for needed blades and hard drives. The thin client must support dual monitors. DT OS will be Windos 7

I guess I have the following questions:

1) What WYSE thin clients will I need that will support dual monitors?
2) What virtualization software will be best. Hyper-V or VMWare?
3) Do ALL WYSE thin clients support Hyper-V and VMWare?

Cheers!

167 Posts

Almost all Wyse hardware (except for older S-class) supports dual monitor. Some support dual digital monitors (DVI) and some do it with 1 DVI and 1 VGA with an optional Y-cable.

Whether Hyper-V or VMware work "best" depends on what your usage will be and I recommend that you talk to Microsoft/Vmware reps or your "go to" reseller to explain the pros and cons of each and what best matches your needs.

As for your 3rd question, yes, all Wyse clients are hypervisor-agnostic meaning it doesnt matter what virtualization platform you choose (Microsoft, Citrix, VMware are 3 biggest vendors) since we work at the desktop/protocol level

Hope that helps. You can also reach out to your Wyse rep as we are all experts since all we do is thin clients and virtualization! 

1 Message

Hi,
Thanks for sharing this unique information..

*** generic | online caverta

No Events found!