Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 6th, 2015 07:00

OS Questions

OS Questions

Hi There,

I'm total, newb to Thin Clients so i was wondering if someone could provide me with some basic info. Firstly, what is the major difference between ThinOS and Linux based devices?

Also, we are planning a big project using hundreds of thin clients so from a deployment/administration perspective which of ThinOS, Linux and WES7 is the best/easiest to use - bearing in mind our company is very much a MS house with very little Linux expertise at all.

We plan on using these devices with a Win 2k8 R2 RDS farm using the connection broker role and gateway role. I have read that the HP ThinPro OS does not perform too well with these MS roles is there anything i should know about Wyse ThinOS and Linux devices when being used with such a setup?

Many Thanks,
C

We plan on using these devices with a Win 2k8 R2 RDS farm using the connection broker role and gateway role.

health deals uae
health deals dubai
daily voucher deals

3 Posts

I think you figured it out

Well if you guys are very much a MS house, then id suggest Windows 7 embedded, adding to the domain, management etc will be much easier than trying to get Linux or ThinOS to talk with your other services with ease. Sure you can do it but not as easily and seemlessly as you could with W7SEmbeded

No Events found!