Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 16th, 2016 13:00

Wyse P25 USB drive not recognized

HI I am trying to get a Dell Wyse P25/5030 Zero Client working and have run into a strange problem. Basically the P25 is connected on the LAN to the Horizon View Manager server no problem. I have created the device pools and have machines (VM's) added to the pools. I can connect from the Thin Client (P25) to a device pool and am able to log into either a Win7 or Win10 test machine. The keyboard, mouse, dual monitors, etc all work. When I plug in a USB flash drive to the front of the P25 ....nothing. I have been researching all over the place and cant seem to find any solution. I have investigated the WNOS.ini thing but as far as I know I am not running an FTP server. When I installed the system I installed an SQL server and the Horizon view manager on separate VM's. Any help would be great. Sorry for the little information I am very new to the Thin Client/VM solutions world. Some of the language is a learning curve. :)

Matt

560 Posts

February 18th, 2016 12:00

Hosmoz,

If you are using RDS, USB redirection is not supported according to VMware. You can find more information on how to enable redirection on the following document: https://www.vmware.com/files/pdf/techpaper/vmware-horizon-view-usb-device-redirection.pdf

2 Posts

February 18th, 2016 13:00

Thanks,

I am using PCoIP. I also just updated the VM Host agent and the Connection Manager to 6.2.2 and all is working now. USB redirection works for all devices that I have tested so far. USB headset, Flash drives, Printer etc.

Thanks for your reply.

Matt

560 Posts

February 23rd, 2016 15:00

Matt,

Thank you for the update.

No Events found!