Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 5th, 2015 06:00

keyboard and mouse : PS/2 versus USB

keyboard and mouse : PS/2 versus USB

Hi,
I'm new to Wyse Thin clients.

I see that Wyse continue to propose PS/2 keyboards and mouses as default. Is there a technical reason for that ?
The entire computing world has moved to USB a long time ago, yes ?

96 Posts

May 7th, 2015 06:00

marlana80,
The V30le may be new, but it was first released over 5 years ago, so in computer terms, that is a Dinosaur and that's why you see what you see. Look at the new devices and you will see the changes with some devices having 6 USB ports. As for the PS/2 mouse, it's there so you can connect to the keyboard and use a single USB port. You can always order the devices without a keyboard and use your own.

62 Posts

Wyse Provides a PS/2 Mouse (which plugs into the right side of the provided keyboard) along with our USB keyboards so that we only use up one of the available USB ports on the client freeing up an additional USB port for you to use.

Hope that helps

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

Yeah, using the PS2 technology for keyboard and mouse is definitely an added advantage for me. It frees up my USB port for any other extra devices. Recently I bought a Steelbird series USB sound card and it was awesome. Try it once for all those audio junkies.

Dental Crown

2 Posts

I have a brand new V30LE that came with both keyboard & mouse as a PS/2 - so that theory of additional USB ports is invalid. There are only 3 USB ports on my particular model.

No Events found!