Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 23rd, 2015 08:00

Embedded Citrix client reports Terminal Name incorrectly to XenDesktop Broker

Embedded Citrix client reports Terminal Name incorrectly to XenDesktop Broker

Hi,

We are testing Xendesktop Access Policies to grant access to desktop pools based on client name. However, if we rename the Wyse terminals, these policies cease to work. When viewing the broker logs, we can see that the original WT008064... client name is always sent by the Wyse terminal to the Citrix web interface during the logon process on the Wyse terminal, whatever we change the terminal name to. 

Note that once you have connected to a desktop the name of the terminal is reported correctly. However this is too late in the process for the Access Policies to function.

We've tried this with 7.1.207 and the 8.0.030 firmware and get the same result. Is this a bug in the embedded ICA client?

Al

73 Posts

June 24th, 2015 02:00

what's the policy?
could you give the detailed steps to help us reproduce?

June 24th, 2015 03:00

Hi VirtuAl ,
Issue can be reprduced with your detailed steps, I'd like to file to TIR handing over to DEV to fix this problem. will come back to you soon.
Thanks for your info.

10 Posts

Hi,
Reproduction steps as follows:

1. Create Virtual Desktop Group Win7VDI and enable access to all domain users

2. Use powershell to modify the access policy for the desktop group to enable access only from a specific terminal eg WT008064aabbcc:
Set-BrokerAccessPolicyRule Win7VDI_Direct -IncludedClientNameFilterEnabled $true -IncludedClientNames @("WT008064aabbcc")

3. Confirm that the Win7VDI group is only available from the specified terminal and not from another Wyse terminal

4. Modify the policy rule so that the included client name is now hotdesk1:
Set-BrokerAccessPolicyRule Win7VDI_Direct -IncludedClientNameFilterEnabled $true -IncludedClientNames @("hotdesk1")

5. Rename the terminal from System Preferences to hotdesk1 and reboot

6. Login to the terminal and the Win7VDI group is no longer available

I'll get hold of the broker logs and post them up.

Thanks,

Al

129 Posts

Hello Al,
This is a good find. Can you also include a packet capture that we can review as well as Lin's requested reproduction steps.

Also, please ensure that you are not using HTTPS for the authentication so that we can review the packet capture to see the offer in the packet capture.

If you need a location to upload, please PM me and I can provide you a upload location.

Thanks
John

1 Message

May 30th, 2016 06:00

Any follow up on this?

Encountering the exact same problem

560 Posts

May 31st, 2016 09:00

Verify that your firmware is at the current release level: 2.2_017 for WTOS Lite for Citrix or 8.2_017 for WTOS.

No Events found!