Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A2

June 24th, 2015 09:00

Help With Firmware Update on C10LE WTOS Clients.

Help With Firmware Update on C10LE WTOS Clients.

Hi everyone,

First post here. The company I work at has a number of C10LE thin clients running WTOS and the firmware is getting pretty outdated. We are having trouble updating firmware via the FTP/HTTP(S) methods.

I am following document 10566 from the Knowledge Base to the 'T' and I can't figure out why I can't connect to the FTP server. We are running 6.5.0_23 and want to upgrade to 7+ (going in order).

In the C:\inetpub\ftproot folder I put a folder called "wyse" and in that folder another folder called "wnos". I put my 2 firmware update files in that folder along with the text document with Autoload=2 and Signon=0 (saved with .ini extension). When I reboot my thin client and try to point it to the server IP (xx.xx.xx.50/wyse) or view my INI file I can't do either. The "anonymous" and password fields are already filled in.

I noticed a USB update tool, but didn't see the WTOS or C10LE clients listed in the supported devices for 1.16. What gives?

Any suggestions? I am having a heck of a time getting these things updated.

Thanks for your time,

Aaron

June 25th, 2015 03:00

Quote Originally Posted by RMontalvo View Post

Aaron,
Is your FTP server installed properly? Try connecting to it from a PC with a browser or an FTP client, If your FTP server is not running properly, your thin client won't be able to connect.

Yes I can connect via a browser by typing in the IP address. It takes us to our staff FTP folder and not the ftproot/wyse/wnos/firmware files. Should I try moving the WYSE folder within our FTP folder?

Thank you for your reply,

Aaron

Well I tried that just for gits and shiggles. Still no go.

When I boot the thin client the event log makes me think it is trying to look for firmware, but maybe I am misinterpreting what it says.

We don't have any sound on our thin clients due to the 6.5_23 bug and we really need to get these updated. I am probably just missing something, but multiple tech people have been over this and we aren't getting it.

I appreciate you help. Anything further that you could offer would be great.

Aaron

Anyone? Would really appreciate some insight on this.

623 Posts

Aaron,
Is your FTP server installed properly? Try connecting to it from a PC with a browser or an FTP client, If your FTP server is not running properly, your thin client won't be able to connect.

Roger Montalvo 
Visit our Dell Wyse Thin Client Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at www.wyse.com/KB
Visit our Dell Wyse PocketCloud Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at http://pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com/forums
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

June 25th, 2015 04:00

I can connect via a browser by typing in the IP address. It takes us to our staff FTP folder and not the ftproot/wyse/wnos/firmware files.

beauty deals in uae 
best beauty deals
best deals for dubai

Thumbs downThanks!

Thanks for all your help. Just so you are aware this is quite possibly the worst "official" support forum I've ever used.

Thanks for that insight Seamaster... I hope the beauty products you are spamming sell well.

In other news, I still haven't solved this problem. Where is the support?

June 25th, 2015 08:00

Is this resolved? Do you have the option tags set in DHCP to point to your FTP folder?

62 Posts

June 30th, 2015 05:00

Aaron,

Hope you are still there. You mentioned that when you type the IP address of your FTP server into a web browser, you get redirected to a staff folder, which i assume is not the root of FTProot? if you were to type in ftp://1.1.1.1/wyse you should be presented with a file view of the wnos directory inside and thats all. if you click into that you should see the wnos.ini file, and a c10_wnos file with NO extension, correct?

if so, then on your thin client you will want to put the following in your central configuration -> file/server path 1.1.1.1/wyse

No Events found!