Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 30th, 2015 03:00

How can I get different configs to different clients on the same subnet?

How can I get different configs to different clients on the same subnet?

Hi folks. Basically what I need to do is be able to configure different USB printers for different clients at the same remote site. The remote sites are all connected to the main site where the server is (and FTP server) via site to site VPN tunnels. There will be multiple cliients using different USB connected printers. I don't see how it's possible to configure different clients on the same subnet with different default printers using an ini file for the configuration from the same FTP server. Help?

167 Posts

June 30th, 2015 03:00

its possible by using the Mac-address based INI ($mac.ini). Refer to the admin guide for details but essentially if you place a file in the FTP server named ABCDEFG.ini (assuming ABCDEFG is your mac) then the device will get these custom settings. Its also flexible enough where you can link mac.ini and wnos.ini so you only put the custom parts in the mac.ini but still share the same global values for other things (ie. look at "include" statement).

I havent personally used this too often but printers is one of the most common reason to use this.

No Events found!