Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 23rd, 2015 04:00

Installing printer attached to a Wyse V10L on a Windows Server 2008 R2 server

Installing printer attached to a Wyse V10L on a Windows Server 2008 R2 server

HI,

If anyone could help me or point me towards some documentation I would greatly appreciate it!

I recently had a customer buy some V10l's on me and am now trying to learn how to support them. I have almost everything working except for locallly attached printers. Scenario:
Windows Server 2008 R2 server w/ RDP (basically a 2008 terminal server)
Wyse V10L w/ wyse os 7.1, and an HP 2015 printer attached via USB.

The thin client recognizes the printer and when I choose USB for the printer port it auto fills the Printer Name with the model number and everything. However when I go to add the printer in the 2008 R2 server I'm just not sure how. I tried manually setting the ports and everything. Am i required to have the TCX suite or something?

If anyone could provide some insight or a link to some instructions I'l love you forever.

1 Message

Hi DPetropolis, we are using Wyse T10 ThinOS. And we are also trying to connect our local printer to usb port of Wyse T10.
We have one problem that the field "Printer Identification" only support maximum 31 characters.
But our printer ID is longer more than 31 characters: "HP LaserJet Professional M1212nf MFP". So our VMware OS couldn't redirect for this printer.

We also want to try to configure printer ID by ini file. But when we come to User INI tab of System Tools, this function is disable to user. We cann't type into this window.

Can you help us solve this issue? It's urgent case to us.

Thanks

1 Message

Quote Originally Posted by exactt View Post

you should check the server event log. if the printer is redirected, there should be an entry. sometines it's a warning that no driver could be found. hope this helps you debugging...

I have a manual . So is this OK to follow those instructions .

manuka honey

62 Posts

Whenever setting up printers for Wyse ThinOS, you need to make sure that the "Printer Identification" field ExAcTLy matches the windows driver name installed on the terminal server. So if your driver is "HP LaserJet P2000 Series PCL6" for example, that is exactly what you need to have in the Printer Identification field.

No Events found!