Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 18th, 2015 09:00

No Autoconnect on published desktop. (Xenapp 7.5)

No Autoconnect on published desktop. (Xenapp 7.5)

I'm trying to autostart a published desktop when my thinclient startin a Xenapp75 farm.
I've been spending some time on this issue.
I started with a large config that was difficult to troubleshoot where the autostart not working problem was.

So i created a new config with only the essential autostart lines: 

Code:
Pnliteserver=citrixfarmurl/config.xml ReconnectAtLogon=2 ReconnectFromButton=2 \
AutoConnectList="*:*" \

With this config, my published desktop started automatically. Big success!
I started adding more config lines while still testing if autostart was working.

At some point, i changed "AutoConnectList="*:*"\ to "AutoConnectList="*:Xenapp7 Desktop" (name of app) and my autoconnect wasnt working anymore.

No problem i thought, i just undo this change. After this, my autoconnect never worked. 
I completely copied the original config when autostart was working but now it doesn't work anymore.
My mind is blown at the moment, anyone can explain this?

5 Posts

July 22nd, 2015 07:00

When I was playing around with autoconnect and XenDesktop 7.5 I found that how the app is presented out and how it's named in Citrix Studio weren't the same. I tried using various methods with * and I swear I got it to work once but never could again. So I that if I logged in and added the desktop to the desktop of the thin client (we're using Storefront 2.5 so this might not apply to you) I could right-click on the icon for the desktop and get a properties menu. In there is a field called "Desktop Name: and once I entered hat exactly into my autoconnect list it started working just fine.

No Events found!