Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 2nd, 2015 01:00

Permanently apply wtos 7 firmware

Question Permanently apply wtos 7 firmware

Hi There.

I have recently purchased some new V10LE terminals with the 6.5 firmware loaded on. I have acquired the latest 7 firmware and would like to upgrade the terminals to use this firmware. One problem is that after applying the firmware and rebooting, the device downgrades back to version 6.5. The site that these terminals are being deployed at does not have an FTP server (or any server at all), so I dont have the ability for the terminals to load them up when booting. Also, there are some bugs with 6.5 that cause problems when RDP to server 2008r2

How can I permanently install the latest firmware on these terminals.

Thanks.

623 Posts

July 2nd, 2015 01:00

As long as you upgrade the firmware, the only way to download it is by re-applying it again. You may want to use a tools like Wireshark in the network where these V10LE's are being install to verify that a PC with an FTP server running is not causing this downgrade. The WTOS devices cannot hold multiple images.

Roger Montalvo 
Visit our Dell Wyse Thin Client Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at www.wyse.com/KB
Visit our Dell Wyse PocketCloud Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at http://pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com/forums
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

No Events found!