Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 29th, 2015 06:00

Problems with Printer's on WYSE Cx0 C10LE on 7.1_033 not an issue on 7.0_033 Fimware

Problems with Printer's on WYSE Cx0 C10LE on 7.1_033 not an issue on 7.0_033 Fimware

All,

We are having an issue on our Cx0 C10LE's when we eaither egt a new terminal or upgrade the firmware from 7.0_033 

We have a XenDesktop 5 environment (so using ICA)

We have an App the requires a certain printer name in this case "HP LaserJet P2035" when using version 7.0_033 everything is fine

Recently we have been getting new terminals with firmware 7.1_033 and when we log into a XenDesktop machine the printer is being called "HP LaserJet2035 (from WTXXXXXXXX)" so its like the VM is seeing it as a remote printer. 

Because of this our app does no see the printer and we cannot print which is a huge issue. 

We looked at the WYSE terminal setting and could not find how to turn this off so if anyone knows it would be greatly appreciated. 

We have an open ticket with WYSE but they said it could take 6 business days to hear back so figued I would ask on here as well.

6 Posts

June 29th, 2015 06:00

How are you printing to the local printer?

HP LaserJet 2035 printer <--- (USB) ---> Wyse C10LE <--- (Network using ICA connected via XenDesktop 5) ---> VM

XenDesktop has HDX policies that will enable or disable the use of local USB ports. I am guessing that policy is currently allowing USB to be passed through to the VM. You could check the printer settings on the local terminal, but I think that "enhanced" the printing features in 7.1.0_33 which is causing your problem. Two options to resolve this could be:

1) Roll back the firmware on the new Wyse terminals to 7.0.0_33, until Wyse gets you an answer.
2) Disable USB redirection via XenDesktop HDX policy. Enable the local LPD printer share on the Wyse client and give it a standard share name "HP LaserJet P2035". Create a Windows print queue, pointing to the LPR print queue of "\\[Wyse Host Name]\HP LaserJet P2035". Now make your application print to the Windows network print queue. I'm not sure how your application is written, so this may not work if your application requires the printer to be seen as local.

No Events found!