Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

J2

June 24th, 2015 08:00

Sceen allignment has the wrong values in the dual head display properties

Sceen allignment has the wrong values in the dual head display properties

In System Setup -> Display -> Dual Head when selecting orientation as horizontal the allignment options shown are top, bottom and middle, when selecting vertical the allignment options are left, right and middle. This should be the other way around, so with horizontal it should be left and right and with vertical it should be top and bottom.

Lin I don't understand your comment. When using the horizontal to me it would make sense the side is either left or right (as the INI parameter also states Dualhead=yes Mainscreen=1 Orientation=hort Align=Left/Right, the GUI is the other way around. It says top and bottom when choosing horizontal (so same level) and says left and right when choosing vertical (so not same level).

129 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JorisL View Post
Multiple CIR's on the topic and it should be fixed in WTOS8. This is not the case with this build.

Joris,
This is an Enhancement request, not a defect. This feature is on the long term roadmap.

Thanks
John

73 Posts

please consider this case:
two minitor with different size, when they are on the same level (horizontal), how do we adjust the two sides of the two monitor?

so it does not mean the position of the minitors but the sides

ah ok now I understand. Ok now please consider the following scenario. Two monitors, same size, same resolution. Monitors are horizontally orientated. The right screen is the main screen, to move to the left screen you need to hover the mouse to the right, doesn't make sense. Same with vertical orientation, when top screen is main screen you need to move doup wn to get to bottom screen. Multiple CIR's on the topic and it should be fixed in WTOS8. This is not the case with this build.

73 Posts

Dualhead={yes, no} [ManualOverride={yes, no}][6.5.0_41, 1.0.0_21]
[Mainscreen={1, 2}]
[Orientation={hort, vert}]
[Align={Top|Left, Center, Bottom|Right}]

here is the ini, mean when you use hort you can use the 3 values "top, center, bottom"; when you use vert, yuo can use "left, center, right"....

The optional keyword "Align" denotes how screens are aligned. "Top" means screens are top aligned in "hort" orientation; "left" means screens are left aligned in "vert" orientation; "Center" means screens are center aligned; "Bottom" means screens are bottom aligned in "hort" orientation; "Right" means screen are right aligned in "vert" orientation.

the bottom, center, top OR left, right do not mean the position of the minitors........but the display

June 25th, 2015 08:00

John, I thought is was a defect as CIR 63295 says it should be in WTOS8

No Events found!