Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

C

June 24th, 2015 07:00

Shutdown / turn on C10LE's

Shutdown / turn on C10LE's

Hello, we have 70 C10LE's which connect to a XA6 published desktop. Config done though a WNOS file. I was wondering if theres anyway to shutdown these devices and start them up at a specific time using WNOS. ive read the WTOS7 Parameter document and cant see anything which i can put in the WNOS. We do have a WDM server (workgroup) for which i can right click to shutdown and startup a device but according to this forum post

http://www.freewysemonkeys.com/modul...ewtopic&t=7756

and a few others on there which says it isnt possible. Why would wyse device manager only half manage wyse devices?

62 Posts

There is no scheduled shutdown from within the wnos.ini. You can use WDM enterprise to schedule a recurring shutdown package. Its slightly round about, but if you configure your remote sessions to all disconnect at a certain time from your xenapp environment, then you could set the clients to automatically shutdown after the last connection closes (would happen anytime all connections are closed) and that would get you the net result you are looking for.

AutoSignoff=yes Shutdown=yes

623 Posts

There is no way to turn the devices off and turn them on at a specific time, however, there is an option to reboot the devices at a specific time. From the WTOS INI Reference Guide:

Reboot={no, yes} Time=hh:mm Reboot 
— Yes/no option to enable automatic daily reboot of all ThinOS devices. [Introduced in build 6.4.0_06] Time — Specifies the time to reboot and must be in a 24-hour format. 

For example: 
Reboot=Yes Time=17:30 
will reboot all ThinOS devices at 5:30 P.M. daily. [Introduced in build 6.4.0_06]

Roger Montalvo 
Visit our Dell Wyse Thin Client Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at www.wyse.com/KB
Visit our Dell Wyse PocketCloud Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at http://pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com/forums
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

No Events found!