Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

K

June 15th, 2015 06:00

T10 - unable boot to USB

T10 - unable boot to USB

Hello all! I've been searching through the forums and have used the information I've found and so far, I have not been able to get my Wyse T10 to present any BIOS settings for booting from a USB stick. So far, I have done the following:

• Press and hold P key while booting
  • Press and hold Delete key while booting
  • Press and hold F2 key while booting
  • Tap P key while booting
  • Tap Delete key while booting
  • Tap F2 key while booting
  • Press and hold power button and P key while booting
  • Press and hold power button and Delete key while booting
  • Press and hold power button and F2 key while booting
  • Press and hold power button, P key, and Ctrl key while booting
  • Press and hold power button, P key, and Delete key while booting
  • Press and hold power button, P key, and F2 key while booting

None of them work. Only key that works for me is G. I have tried on both MS USB keyboard and the Wyse keyboard. My firmware is 8.0_306. Event Log shows it detects it and I am able to boot to the USB stick on a regular PC. I would appreciate any insight to what is happening. Thanks!

62 Posts

Why

May I ask why you want to boot this device from a USB drive? If you are looking to update the firmware on a T10 device you can do it via the network.

Originally Posted by DPetropolis 

May I ask why you want to boot this device from a USB drive? If you are looking to update the firmware on a T10 device you can do it via the network.

Thank you DPetropolis for the response. My boss provided me a scenario where Citrix becomes unavailable but DHCP is. I was thinking of booting to a bootable USB OS and then RDP to a regular PC as a Band-Aid solution while we get Citrix services up and running again. Thanks!

No Events found!