Start a Conversation

Unsolved

4 Posts

May 29th, 2020 13:00

ThinOS 9.0.1136 & WMS 2.0 403 - Logo and Legal Notice

Hello,

Has anyone tried pushing a custom Logo and Legal Notice file via WMS 2.0 to a device with ThinOS 9.0.1136?

I'm getting a WMS Error box that says: "Failed to download Logo.jpg" and "Failed to download UserNotice.txt".

In the Event Log I see "wms: failed to download fileReceiver main record failed".

Cant find any documentation related to the logo and legal notice file for ThinOS 9 anywhere.  Does anyone know how to resolve this issue?

6 Posts

June 5th, 2020 10:00

Yes, I have been fighting with it this morning.

I've had no luck either.

I don't think I get the failed to download logo, but it never displays.

I do get the failed to download legal notice file.

wms: try to download remote resources from server
wms: failed to download fileReceiver main record failed
wms: failed to download Converting circular structure to JSON

I get a couple pop-ups
Failed to check LegalUseNotice.txt
Failed to download LegalUseNotice.txt

Just started searching for any info on these options, and seems the Administrator's Guide has no record of at least the legal use notice option.

4 Posts

June 5th, 2020 11:00

Jeremyak,

I contacted the Dell support team and found that the issue is a known bug.  They told me that it should be fixed in the next release/version of ThinOS/WMS.  The temporary workaround is to upgrade the Wyse devices first without the logo and legal notice file.  Then after all the devices are updated to ThinOS 9.0, remove all ThinOS packages from the policy by unchecking the check boxes under Firmware-->Application Package Settings. Then add the logo and legal notice file again to the same policy and then push to the devices and it should work.

WysePolicy.jpg

Hope this works for you.

6 Posts

June 5th, 2020 12:00

Strange workaround.
I'm not too concerned, it's a very small set of staff using these, and even those are just some IT staff.
Making attempts to follow our normal standardization.

I had actually updated these devices prior to attempting to implement the logo or legal use notice; but I wouldn't have thought to remove the additional packages.

I might give that a shot just for funsies.

Thanks for the info.

2 Posts

September 11th, 2020 13:00

Hi,

it looks like the issue is back on ThinOs9 firmware 9.0.2108 - got same issue. Tried WMS Cloud Server 3.0 and WMS private cloud Server. Same issue. All files which need to be downloaded do fail. Setting up the same terminal with ThinOS8 and old Wyse enterprise server works perfect.

I do also see this as an firmware issue. 

Thanks

hansjoerg

No Events found!