Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 29th, 2020 17:00

ThinOS 9 WMS issues

I created a group and applied the 8.6 - 9.0 upgrade firmware for my 5470 to that group. I moved my laptop to that group and it successfully upgraded to 9.0. After booting up and connecting to my network it failed to check into the WMS server and would not download the profile settings. i changed the WMS management server to us1.wysemanagementsuite.com from us1-pns.wysemanagementsuite.com and was able to successfully validate the key for my group but the profile is still not pulling down. According to the event log it seems to be getting stuck at "connected to MQTT broker" and not going beyond that. The MQTT server still points to us1-pns.wysemenagementsuite.com 

so i'm going to assume the us1-pns server is having some issues.

March 31st, 2020 12:00

Ok that one is on me, didn't realize the thinOS 9 policies are a separate group of policies that you have to select (just like if you were setting policies for Windows embedded or ThinLinux). Still the 8.6-9.0 upgrade image needs to be changed to have the default WMS server be https://us1.wysemanagementsuite.com instead of us1-pns.wysemanagementsuite.com as that would require less manual intervention during migrations. 

3 Posts

March 30th, 2020 13:00

I am having the same issue with endpoints not checking in when on 9.0.

3 Posts

March 30th, 2020 14:00

Looks like my issue may be if any modification is done to the "WMS Settings" under "Services". If I create a new group and don't touch that setting, communication works back and forth.

March 31st, 2020 07:00

Are you using the Cloud WMS console or on-prem? I'm using the cloud version and i don't see that option

3 Posts

March 31st, 2020 07:00

Cloud version. It is under Advanced/Services/WMS Settings when modifying a group config.
No Events found!